View Poll Results: How did you do your application?
DIYed the main application - it was easy
39.66%
We used an agent, deffo worth it
36.21%
We used an agent, not sure if it was worth it
17.24%
We used an agent, waste of money
5.17%
DIYed the main application - very hard
0%
Part DIYed, part used an agent (comment in thread please)
1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Agents Poll!

Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Question Agents Poll!

Hi Guys
Having seen numerous threads about which agent to use, I was wondering how many people had "DIYed" it and who had used an agent.
We are waiting for our visa grant letter. I did the application, after lots of surfing internet sites etc. I sent off my NOOSR application and got it back no probs... we also applied for hubby's engineering recognition, got that back alright. We then decided not to include my NOOSR, since I was on maternity and this isn't counted as specific work experience... so we sent off the main appication and claimed bonus points via the investment of 100,000 AUD.
Having said all that, it was actually quite easy. Getting the cat stuff sorted has been more complicated!

So, how did you do it?
If you used an agent, were they worth it?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately think every house needs a `Larissa`!!!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:51 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Agents Poll!

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi Guys
Having seen numerous threads about which agent to use, I was wondering how many people had "DIYed" it and who had used an agent.
We are waiting for our visa grant letter. I did the application, after lots of surfing internet sites etc. I sent off my NOOSR application and got it back no probs... we also applied for hubby's engineering recognition, got that back alright. We then decided not to include my NOOSR, since I was on maternity and this isn't counted as specific work experience... so we sent off the main appication and claimed bonus points via the investment of 100,000 AUD.
Having said all that, it was actually quite easy. Getting the cat stuff sorted has been more complicated!

So, how did you do it?
If you used an agent, were they worth it?
Pretty much ditto what you did.

I think the word 'easy' is a bit of a flippant remark though Larissa....a lot of the poor buggers on here are being given a pretty hard time with this application.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Agents Poll!

Originally posted by chippy
Pretty much ditto what you did.

I think the word 'easy' is a bit of a flippant remark though Larissa....a lot of the poor buggers on here are being given a pretty hard time with this application.
Larissa
We used an agent and are really glad that we did. Ours was not a difficult application but our skills assesment was via AIM. We were really happy with the service as we did no have time or the inclination to do it ourselves.

We also thought that as we only had one shot we might as well use a professional.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Did everything ourselves with a bit of research on the web, a few phone calls and emails. I wouldn't call the process "easy" but if you follow all the instructions it's not hard either. It certainly takes lots of patience going over the documents again and again to make sure all documents are in order. Getting ACS assessment was the more challenging part - having to get references from uni & employers and getting documents certified, etc. Lots and lots of waiting... The application form filling itself was actually the easiest bit - thanks to bureaucracy I've had to live with most of my life as an alien/foreigner...

Thinking back, getting fingerprints taken at a Glasgow police station for a US PCC was in fact quite fun - going into a cell with a couple of policemen, explaining the situation, forcing them to hear my life story...

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We are using an agent....

I have been very positive about our decision to use this particular agent recently here on the forum....

However, I am beginning to wonder!!.....

Several days ago, I emailed our agent with several questions about things that we needed to do for the application....Getting a response to all of the questions have been like pulling teeth!!

First response....I got an answer to ONE of the questions...

I emailed back saying I would appreciate a response to the rest of my questions.....

Second response.....I got an answer to ONE more of the questions....

I cannot believe I have had to email back yet again and request a response to the final question....

Surely its not that difficult to read 3 brief questions and give a brief response to them.....

Or...are emails now being charged per word and no one told me????
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:54 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Hels

I have been very positive about our decision to use this particular agent recently here on the forum....

Which agent was that Hels?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:53 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Did it all ourselves, after seriously considering using an agent.

Nikki being a nurse needed transcripts of her original training;
Registered with Queensland Nursing Council;
Modified Skills assessment then to ANC;
Meds & Police Checks
47SK Application completed & sent.

Wouldn't say it was particularly difficult (I ticked the easy box here) but some of the form was confusing ie:

No specific place to list non-dependent children 18+
Although not on skills matching - form 47sk says the visa app will be returned if skills matching form not completed! So we completed it anyway.

Getting the info was time consuming and cost a fair bit, but we would have had to do that if we had an agent. Saved about £1200 agents fees - will contribute to all the other costs!!

Anyway fingers crossed - we'll let you know if & when we get it
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:04 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

it was nearer to 'easy' than 'v hard'. This was helped by several factors:

Mr W member of BCS and a lot of paper work had been obtained to get this status which made skills assessment & docs for DIMIA easier to produce that had verification.

Mr W is still employee of the same company since graduation, making it easier for obtaining employer references and loads of documented development assessments with areas worked.

We had the time with out pressure from deadlines that would lose us points, for us to gather all the relevant info, reread checklist to find we had to get other stuff.

And last, but no means least this expats site for a query or just reassurance.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point

Due to my history we used an agent, expected question after question from immigration...
didnt get one question and sailed through....ob agent done the job properly...so if you have a hick on your file use an agent...
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:20 pm
Shaun&MIchelle

michellecarre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hels

Several days ago, I emailed our agent with several questions about things that we needed to do for the application....Getting a response to all of the questions have been like pulling teeth!!

First response....I got an answer to ONE of the questions...

I emailed back saying I would appreciate a response to the rest of my questions.....

Second response.....I got an answer to ONE more of the questions....

I cannot believe I have had to email back yet again and request a response to the final question....

Surely its not that difficult to read 3 brief questions and give a brief response to them.....

Or...are emails now being charged per word and no one told me????
Hells i would also like to know if poss which agent your using .
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:20 pm
earlswood

Used George Lombard..... glad we did.... ACS

Would recco George to anyone (my sister's using him too)

Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by michellecarre
Hells i would also like to know if poss which agent your using .

We are using Go Matilda....

Now, I dont want to tar the whole company with the same brush....and I also want to say that when we first contacted them and first started using them...they were very good...and very quick with getting us the first draft of the application...

But, it kind of feels that since we sent them the first half of their fee....its been a little harder work...

Maybe my expectations of service are unreasonable???
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default A bit of both for us.

We (or should I say I) did both TRA and the main app ourselves. Jez .... nearly ended up in divorce! It was difficult and just for peace of mind we got George Lombard to check it over before submitting it to them. Relieved that we passed. Wouldn't want to have to go through the process again. I don't think my marriage or sanity to cope!!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:00 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

DIY...I second that its not exactly easy...but not exactly difficult either with the help of this forum...so cheers for that..

Some might say Ive risked it because I have got a few complications...well one..but Im pretty sure I have it sorted..if they ask for more paperwork they do..no big deal..

I might add I am pretty tight when it comes to matters of money and hate paying anything for anything I can do myself..And the way I looked at it I still had to run round and gather all the info..they dont do that for you which is the biggest pain in the butt. An agent tells you what you need and checks it as far as I can see...all well and good but not in my opinion worth paying what seems a heep load of money for. If it wasnt so expensive...well I might have been tempted for reasurance and peace of mind,but I am talking about £200 as thats all Id value the service at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.