Reload this Page >

Are agents helpful and how long will it take us to get to NZ

Are agents helpful and how long will it take us to get to NZ

Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

pebbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are agents helpful and how long will it take us to get to NZ

Hi

We are new to this sight and were put in touch via a friend who knew someone who had used it.
We are heading to NZ as we are fed up with life here in the UK. We are currently using an agent but after looking around this sight we are not sure if we have done the right thing. We have just returned all our documents to the agent, we got all the info from them within 2 weeks of signing up and they are submitting my husbands CV to their recruitment agent today, we need a job offer for him before we can go. Can anyone out there tell me how long we should expect to wait re the job and how long before we get out of here?
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are agents helpful and how long will it take us to get to NZ

Hi,

What line of business is your husband in? You may get a job offer fairly quickly if his skills are in demand!

We are using an agent, but only because I wanted to use their recruitment company in NZ, as i felt I wanted to have some help.

The actual application process to NZ is really straight forward and the application forms were very clear. I paid a lot of money to have my application checked by my agent before they would take me onto their recruitment books. But I knew that my application was pretty well presented and put together so it was a bit of a waste of time and money as they came back to me with no changes or suggestions!

Personally, I like the idea of having someone to hassle, who is there to help and advise, but as a lot of you know, this forum can answer most questions, so it really depends how complicated your situation is.

We applied at the beginning of March and hope to get the letter offering us a Job Search visa towards the end of the year. If you get a job offer, it would only be a matter of a few weeks to get your visa as they put you to the top of the pile.

Good luck

Karen
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Been waiting ten days so far for our visa's (we do have a job offer) But it's horrid having to wait!!
Tori
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TIZUS
Been waiting ten days so far for our visa's (we do have a job offer) But it's horrid having to wait!!
Tori
Congrats on the job offer! It's what many of us are dreaming of!

Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Jackee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TIZUS
Tori
We have job offer too and are going to apply for PR - what is the visa route ?? - do you mean a work permit ?? and then apply for PR from NZ ? Forum member(s) seem to think it's worth us going straight for PR but we don't want to wait ages either -(can't wait !)
Jackee
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jackee
We have job offer too and are going to apply for PR - what is the visa route ?? - do you mean a work permit ?? and then apply for PR from NZ ? Forum member(s) seem to think it's worth us going straight for PR but we don't want to wait ages either -(can't wait !)
Jackee
We are applying for both a work visa and PR at the same time as the work visa will come though quicker and be followed by the PR. Just means we can get out Nz start work and get settled a bit quicker than if waited for our PR
Tori
Old Jun 6th 2003, 6:07 am
Just Joined

pebbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are agents helpful and how long will it take us to get to NZ

Originally posted by The Simpsons
Hi,

What line of business is your husband in? You may get a job offer fairly quickly if his skills are in demand!

We are using an agent, but only because I wanted to use their recruitment company in NZ, as i felt I wanted to have some help.

The actual application process to NZ is really straight forward and the application forms were very clear. I paid a lot of money to have my application checked by my agent before they would take me onto their recruitment books. But I knew that my application was pretty well presented and put together so it was a bit of a waste of time and money as they came back to me with no changes or suggestions!

Personally, I like the idea of having someone to hassle, who is there to help and advise, but as a lot of you know, this forum can answer most questions, so it really depends how complicated your situation is.

We applied at the beginning of March and hope to get the letter offering us a Job Search visa towards the end of the year. If you get a job offer, it would only be a matter of a few weeks to get your visa as they put you to the top of the pile.

Good luck

Karen
Thanks for the reply. My hubby is a sheet metal worker. His CV has gone out so fingers are crossed.