Agents Fees !!

Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Question Agents Fees !!

Hi all,

Just an enquiry on agents fees.
I've done an online assessment, online interview, for a Skilled Independent 136 visa and been told i meet all the right criteria, and also MODL job (brickie).
The agent has sent me an e-mail with a breakdown of fees, for each stage of the process.
The fee totals at £2519.00, and thats not including medical and police check fees.
Is this the going rate ?
Don't get me wrong, it's not about money as i'd rather pay someone who i hopefully knows what they're doing, rather than me knacking it up
Any feedback will be appreciated, cheers in advance...

Steve.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:55 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agents Fees !!

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi all,

I've done an online assessment, online interview, for a Skilled Independent 136 visa and been told i meet all the right criteria, and also MODL job (brickie).
The agent has sent me an e-mail with a breakdown of fees, for each stage of the process.
The fee totals at £2519.00, and thats not including medical and police check fees.
Is this the going rate ?
Don't get me wrong, it's not about money as i'd rather pay someone who i hopefully knows what they're doing, rather than me knacking it up

Steve.

Is that inculding the visa and TRA assessment fees too?

Mine works out approx £1900 for agent then TRA, Visa MEds and pcc sep
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think ours was that high - would have noticed too as we've paid it all. Hubby was a brickie too, well, still is as it happens !!

Heather
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:05 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
I don't think ours was that high - would have noticed too as we've paid it all. Hubby was a brickie too, well, still is as it happens !!

Heather

stop following me and go to bed!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Is this the going rate ?

Steve.
Who have you used?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:06 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Is this the going rate ?

Steve.
was just about to ask that as well. our agent fees are about £1100 and then the TRA/visa/meds/pccs etc on top of that.

actually, if you want, i can pm you with the breakdown, as we paid our agent in stages. will have to dig the info out though. let me know?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:11 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
was just about to ask that as well. our agent fees are about £1100 and then the TRA/visa/meds/pccs etc on top of that.

actually, if you want, i can pm you with the breakdown, as we paid our agent in stages. will have to dig the info out though. let me know?

Sounds like i used wrong agent too!!!!!

not really!!!!! very happy with the service we've recieved so far must admit, 2nd TRA stuff has cost me a stamp only!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:21 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Sounds like i used wrong agent too!!!!!

not really!!!!! very happy with the service we've recieved so far must admit, 2nd TRA stuff has cost me a stamp only!!!!

yep, just double checked their website £1145, payable in 3 stages, plus the monies payable for the skills assessment/visa application payable to the relevant bodies, plus things like meds/pccs etc.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:26 pm
Sam
here and staying

yep, just double checked their website £1145, payable in 3 stages, plus the monies payable for the skills assessment/visa application payable to the relevant bodies, plus things like meds/pccs etc.

ummmmm. now i'm wondering who you think i've used coz my agent doesn't have a website
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:27 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

You can haggle with them to a certain extent as welll. Dont take the first price. Get more quotes and they may drop the cost, assuming you really want to use that agent that is!
Dont just accept the cheapest rates though, make sure they are legit and reliable. Youll get good feedback of the nutters...oops, I meant good folks on this forum.
Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Who ever you use make sure they are registered by MARA, here's the link to check them out http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARS...asp?DeptID=140
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:35 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by WendyC
Who ever you use make sure they are registered by MARA, here's the link to check them out http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARS...asp?DeptID=140
they are MARA registered, and have got offices london and manchester. very good staff we have found. usually reply back to e-mails within the hour and answer your telephone queries on the spot. oh, and 100% record, so ive been informed.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:39 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Is this the going rate ?

Steve.

I rang round quite a few agents, We started with one agent who messed us around and then started to sound a bit dodgy so in the end i asked around and we went on a recommendation of two friends that had used the same agent successfully, if I was you I think I would do a post on here and people will soon tell you who is good and who isnt!!!

Fees sounds quite high to me, our agent was less than that and they doing a good job for us, seems to be ticking along very nicely thank you!!

My best mate is also going through emigrating to Oz and her husband is a brickie, they were very good with the help in getting all the self employed stuff together for TRA which was a complete nightmare for them as lots of companies had closed etc and her husband hadnt kept alot of documents that he should of done and they flew through TRA!!

As it is alot of money to waste if you go with the wrong one!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

they are MARA registered, and have got offices london and manchester. very good staff we have found. usually reply back to e-mails within the hour and answer your telephone queries on the spot. oh, and 100% record, so ive been informed.
LOL, the info was for PAZZA. I think his quote is rather high.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:46 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by WendyC
LOL, the info was for PAZZA. I think his quote is rather high.
good information wendy. i did realise that, but just thought i would advise them that the agent i am using is MARA registered, in case they were interested in using them.

i think the quote is a little steep as well. agents fees vary so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.