Agents

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:46 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road
Question Agents

Hi all

Looking to go to OZ on Carpenter / Supervisor TRA.

I recently made an enquirywith 1st contact who offer an assessment of your eligability for emigration to OZ.

After reading through the TRA web pages and OZ immi web pages i thought i was pretty much aware of what i had to do to qualify for TRA.

Problem is that 1st Contact say that i must prove that i have worked as carpenter for 9 years + worked as carpenter supervisor for 3 years. As far as i can see the web pages i have read don't ask for this amount of history.

QUESTION:

Has anyone else tried them or are using them at present or is this a ploy to make it look a lot more difficult than it already is.

Any comments much appreciated.

Simon
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:09 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Simon

I think there is quite a lot written about this on the immigration section. We have just sent off and are waiting for our TRA application to come back. As hubbie's age is against him we are using an agent but I think it would be just as easy to go it alone.

Click on this link to take you to the FAQ in the TRA webpage

http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D529,00.html

Good luck

Sasha
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:24 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

Hi Sasha

Thanks for that.

I have already ploughed through that lot and like I said thought I knew where I was going. 1st contact have now confused me!

Simon
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:30 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

As my hubbie hasn't any formal qualifications we have gone back 10 years but I think from memory so long as you can prove it is at least 6 years then that should be OK. I do recall some people being caught out by the TRA as they get their dates wrong so the further back the better but if you've been doing the trade forever save yourself the paperwork within reason. I'm not too sure if the rules are different for a supervisor.

Good luck.

Sasha
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:37 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

Cheers!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Simon you will be surprised at how much information the TRA want.They want to know everything all work experience how you were taught to the job every single detail of what your job entails and all the names and types of tools you use etc.
We are using a migration agent and like you thought about doing it on our own as they do charge a lot but glad now that we did as we would not have realised how comprehensive the job refernces etc need to be. Certaintly do not want it declined.Although a lot of people do the application themselves and are successful,I think a lot depends on how straight forward it is.
Good Luck hope all goes well
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:14 pm
maggy

Default Re: Agents

Originally posted by SMC
Hi all

Looking to go to OZ on Carpenter / Supervisor TRA.

I recently made an enquirywith 1st contact who offer an assessment of your eligability for emigration to OZ.

After reading through the TRA web pages and OZ immi web pages i thought i was pretty much aware of what i had to do to qualify for TRA.

Problem is that 1st Contact say that i must prove that i have worked as carpenter for 9 years + worked as carpenter supervisor for 3 years. As far as i can see the web pages i have read don't ask for this amount of history.

QUESTION:

Has anyone else tried them or are using them at present or is this a ploy to make it look a lot more difficult than it already is.

Any comments much appreciated.

Simon
We used 4 corners as our agent and they were fantastic helped you through every step of the way. TRA was very strict and had to prove that my partner had been painter for last 13 years. We had to write stat decs for the jobs where he could not obtain references as some of the companies he worked for were now closed. We also visited local tax off ice and they checked computer system and were able to write a letter stating all jobs and dates he had worked as painter. Its best to get as much info as possible or they could refuse application. We took 4 months compiling all info for TRA but it was worth it. Good luck with your application.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:37 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Agents

Why don't you get another agents opinion, there are lots which receive good recommendations on here.
Do a search top right hand corner www.gomatilda.com and www.austimmigration.com come up regulary and they also make great contributions to this forum.

Good Luck
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:03 pm
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Ian Harrop & Associates based in Burford, but they have offices in London as well. Can't recommend them enough, reasonable fees too a hell of a lot less than 4 Corners (whom we were originally going to go with)!

My husband is an electrician so we felt it was better to go with an agent as they point you in the right direction. Much less stress and hassle!

Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:41 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

Thanks Theresa

Have Ian Harrop Associates got a www.

Simon
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:46 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by SMC
Thanks Theresa

Have Ian Harrop Associates got a www.

Simon

Not sure but we are using Ian and he is excellent his phone numer is 01993 824111 if that helps it doesn't cost you to talk in the first instance and he will let you know your chances as well...hope this helps
Gary and Terri
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:51 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

hi,
we used Ian Harrop and found them very helpful.
The agent we used was called Zeno,
here is his email [email protected]
I can dig out his phone number if you want.
I see you are from pompey, the amount of people going from here is unreal.
Did you go to the pompey meet at sovereigns?
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:58 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

Hi all

Thanks for comments, will try calling Ian tommorrow.

Didn't go to meet couldn't make it.

Lots of people leaving to get away from scummers and Tricorn!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:25 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
we also used zeno bolzicco from ian harrop and associates(wimbledon)smooth sailing all the way ,bond requested last week .i have also applied as a carpenter i am 37 years old and got details and refences dating back 18 yrs.the more info you can dig out the easier it will be with tra
best of luck
mark
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

matt&sue is an unknown quantity at this point

we are using 1st contact and have found them pretty good so far ,we have our meds next week,your tra is probably more difficult to put together than the main application try and go back as far as you can to obtain reffrences and skills picked up along the way we were also given a copy of a previous assesment as a guide by the way i am a brickie.

good luck matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.