Wikiposts

Agents

Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:12 am
Just Joined

meland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agents

Hi All

We are new to this site, introduced to it by friends who are now out in Australia where we hope to be this time next year. Our agents are confident that we will be there within 12-18 months. We are skilled independent, TRA route (which was sent by our agent recently) and have got virtually all the remaining documents together. Why are there so many bad comments about agents on here? And why are there so many moaners? We are using Four Corners in Cheadle and to date we have no complaints. They advised on our TRA to ensure that we put forward the best possible application, they have advised on obtaining the other required documents, always return my calls, and above all provide a very professional service and yet most of what I have read about this particular agent are very bad reports, why? Any one out there know something I don't know? Please advise.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Agents

Originally posted by meland
Hi All

We are new to this site, introduced to it by friends who are now out in Australia where we hope to be this time next year. Our agents are confident that we will be there within 12-18 months. We are skilled independent, TRA route (which was sent by our agent recently) and have got virtually all the remaining documents together. Why are there so many bad comments about agents on here? And why are there so many moaners? We are using Four Corners in Cheadle and to date we have no complaints. They advised on our TRA to ensure that we put forward the best possible application, they have advised on obtaining the other required documents, always return my calls, and above all provide a very professional service and yet most of what I have read about this particular agent are very bad reports, why? Any one out there know something I don't know? Please advise.

Hi meland,
We had a quote from Four Corners in cheadle but they seemed very expensive, and in the initial interview the guy was dripping with gold and bragged about all his properties in OZ (a bit off putting)
We found Concept Australia in Manchester very reasonable and the two guys that run it are great, very down to earth and couldnt be more friendly.
We are "with visa" now and are just waiting for house to sell.
Good luck with your application
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:47 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hi All

I have no opinion on any paticular agent, but I don't see the point in spending good money on something that can be done yourself, if your case is reasonably straight forward.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:52 am
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Stoney
Hi meland,
We had a quote from Four Corners in cheadle but they seemed very expensive, and in the initial interview the guy was dripping with gold and bragged about all his properties in OZ (a bit off putting)
We found Concept Australia in Manchester very reasonable and the two guys that run it are great, very down to earth and couldnt be more friendly.
We are "with visa" now and are just waiting for house to sell.
HI Stoney ,
That would'nt be Steve and Martin would it ?
That's who we are using. NO complaints with them, very honest and up front. Oh and very reasonably priced too.

PS. Waiting for season ticket to drop through door, hope i can get as many games in as poss, before going to Adelaide.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Arron
HI Stoney ,
That would'nt be Steve and Martin would it ?
That's who we are using. NO complaints with them, very honest and up front. Oh and very reasonably priced too.

PS. Waiting for season ticket to drop through door, hope i can get as many games in as poss, before going to Adelaide.
Hi Arron,
Those are the guys, they've been great all the way through would recommend them.
We are going to use them again for Mum.
P.S.
think the only sure way to see a game early on is with a season ticket (36,000 sold) ...they are all sure to be sell outs, I'll maybe get to the uefa game.
Good Luck
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point

we're using an agent too. No complaints so far apart from the cost.

I personally wanted to use the jobsearch side of the agency. Some people have complicated applications and need serious advice, others can do it themselves without any problems.

I would still advise anyone with a straightforward application to do it themselves, it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:30 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the subject of agents. What is the going rate for application to the TRA and then the actual DIMA visa?

I'd be interested to know because I think i'm paying through the nose.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by drog1998
On the subject of agents. What is the going rate for application to the TRA and then the actual DIMA visa?

He's probably a 'lyre'!

Oops! Sorry, wrong thread!
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

MartyO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gra.B
He's probably a 'lyre'!

Oops! Sorry, wrong thread!
That's it Gra.B I'm tellying on you to the Moderator
Old Jun 26th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by drog1998

Hi Drog
I think Concept Australia's price is around £995.00

check it out..... http://www.conceptaustralia.co.uk/fees.htm
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:27 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Stoney
Hi Drog
I think Concept Australia's price is around £995.00

check it out..... http://www.conceptaustralia.co.uk/fees.htm
What about getting pleasure in sending your ticket onto more deserving causes, ie ME. How ya doin blue boys. Shame about MVF eh.
Old Jun 27th 2003, 1:30 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

Hi

I think the reason Four Corners get such a bad time is that they are more expensive that a lot of other agents, for no better service.

In my experience they never sent me letters they promised to send, never phoned when they said they would, and gave us misleading information to try and sell their service to us. I suspect I dealt with one of their worst agents, because I have not heard anything bad about their customer service in the past from any other customers. However the treatment I got was enough to convince me to go with another agent elsewhere.

If you are happy with your agent and the service that you are recieving then you have obviously chosen well, regardless of the cost.

Mel
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

We used OE visas, found them very reasonable for the peace of mind and level of expertise they gave.
Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Can anyone comment on the Emigration Group based in Chester.
There charges also appear to be very high.
I am not adverse for paying for quality, especially if it gives you the comfort factor, but in some cases it really does look like money for old rope.

Paul
Old Jun 27th 2003, 8:13 am
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep,

I'm with the Emigration Group and they are very expensive. For me to apply for a skilled independent Visa and TRA assesment it was about £4,000 all in.

Thats about £3,100 for them

and the other £900 to DIMA and TRA.

I have to say they have been very helpful and have done things when they said they would but for 4 G;s you'd expect that.

I'd be interested to know what others have paid. Especialy English based Agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.