Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is an Agent worth the money??

Is an Agent worth the money??

Old Aug 30th 2020, 11:02 am
Just Joined

kirstys_89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is an Agent worth the money??

Hey everyone, has anyone here any thoughts on whether or not using an agent to obtain your visa is worth the money?? It’s roughly £3500 extra.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is an Agent worth the money??

That rather depends on how complicated your visa might be. If you’ve been happily married to an Aussie for 20 years and have a couple of Aussie kids and just want a spouse visa then nope don’t bother but if you’ve got a significant medical problem or have a skill which is only marginal or nothing that is really going to yell “Australia wants You!” Then, yes, get an agent.
£3k is going to be a mere drop in the bucket against all you will haemorrhage in the process.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I understand what you mean! Unfortunately our entry wouldn’t be quite as easy as the one you mentioned, but wouldn’t it be great!
Old Aug 30th 2020, 9:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which visa do you intend to apply for and what are your circumstances?
Old Aug 30th 2020, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

We plan to go down the State sponsored regional route (subclass491), this is what was recommended by an agent that looked at our circumstances. My husband is a joiner/carpenter and has close to 20 years experience, we are both in our 30s with no dependants and are open to where we live, however Queensland would be the preference because I’ve spent time there before and loved it.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion yes, an agent is worth it. The fee is a drop in the ocean in the total cost of migration. Be aware though the state sponsored visas are currently closed.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

scotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond repute

I think an agent is worth it. When we applied for a family sponsored visa around 12 years ago now, we had thought similar to you in that it was very expensive. My memory fails me completely accurately but we were lucky to get the visa in the end as the agent had been aware of upcoming changes in regards to the age limit cut off, which had changed and it meant that they were able to push our application through that bit quicker. If we hadn't had an agent, we would never have known and likely lost out on the opportunity to live here.