Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agent thinks we will get visa in next 3 mths!

Agent thinks we will get visa in next 3 mths!

Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Agent thinks we will get visa in next 3 mths!

We received confirmation of our application 11th July 03. Sent an email to our agent today and he thinks that will will get our visa within the next 3 months. This will be about right, so here's hoping that he's right!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:44 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Agent thinks we will get visa in next 3 mths!

Hi Scrawni
We are going at the end of April finally after applying in Jan 2001, we are also from Northants, where are from in Northants? The waiting list for the documents to be seen was 9 months back then, then we started to hear things. They gave us 6 months to pack up and get there.

Good Luck.

Clevs

Originally posted by scrawni
We received confirmation of our application 11th July 03. Sent an email to our agent today and he thinks that will will get our visa within the next 3 months. This will be about right, so here's hoping that he's right!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Hi, we are from Daventry what about you? I hope that we don't have to wait that long for our visa.

You don't have long to go now do you? How are you feeling, excited? Where about are you going?

We are off to Cairns as the hubbie has just been offered a job there. Originally we were going to Brisbane but the job offer made us change things a bit.

Mandy
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:30 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Cool

You are not going to believe this but we live in Weedon. As we were only given 6 months to pack up and go we still haven't sold the house, (we will) I'll be very grey by the time we get there.

We are all feeling very excited, just sorting out the flights tonight and whether to have a stop over in Hong Kong as it would give the kids a break and they are small ones. We are on our way to Adelaide, my hubbie hasn't a job yet but I'm sure something will pop up soon.

I'm going to give work a miss for a while and try and get the house and lives back to normal when we get there.

Good luck with everything.

Lara

Hi, we are from Daventry what about you? I hope that we don't have to wait that long for our visa.

You don't have long to go now do you? How are you feeling, excited? Where about are you going?

We are off to Cairns as the hubbie has just been offered a job there. Originally we were going to Brisbane but the job offer made us change things a bit.

Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lara,

We are putting the house on the market this week, what agent have you used? We are thinking of Jackson Grundy

I think a stop over would be a very good idea especially if you have children. When we went last April, we stopped off at Singapore and it was great, you can even rent a hotel room out for a few hours just to have a break. Never been to Hong Kong so I cannot really comment about that. We flew with Singapore airlines and they were great, my son sat and played the nintendo and watched films and only fell asleep about the last 3 hours! (he's 9).

Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont want to appear to be a misery but could this not be done by PM?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:25 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Hi Mandy

We have had the house on the market for 2 months now, first we did multi agency and now we have put it on with a friend of our's sole agency - Campbell's. We have had a really good response with them. I found that I was always do the calling with multi. JG are good as well though.

We have decided to fly straight through via HKG and rent a room for a few hours. We did do Singapore for a week last time so I wanted to try another city. I have found really good flights with Trailfinders and very flexible, and helpful.

Are you taking all you house hold items with you or are you selling them here. I am getting rid of everything and it will be theraputic for me to buy new. I shall look forward to all that.

Lara

Hi Lara,

We are putting the house on the market this week, what agent have you used? We are thinking of Jackson Grundy

I think a stop over would be a very good idea especially if you have children. When we went last April, we stopped off at Singapore and it was great, you can even rent a hotel room out for a few hours just to have a break. Never been to Hong Kong so I cannot really comment about that. We flew with Singapore airlines and they were great, my son sat and played the nintendo and watched films and only fell asleep about the last 3 hours! (he's 9).

Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:27 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

Aren't these chat rooms????
Originally posted by S Oldfield
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

I could sent a private PM but I haven't. I'm not forcing anyone to read this post!

Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:01 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default ?????

I could sent a private PM but I haven't. I'm not forcing anyone to read this post!

Mandy
I think you will agree ............ there is room to learn from everyones experiences.......

love Boomie
xx

Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Misery !!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:57 pm
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe, so could your post too! hehe (be sent by PM, I mean)

Bad day? We all have 'em from time to time.

I agree with some of the others. This is an open forum. I could see where you were coming from if the posts were in the immigration section.