Wikiposts

Agent or not?

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

bazza1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agent or not?

Hi sorry if this has been asked before, Its my first post on this site and just in off nightshift so excuse the rambling and bad spelling.
Well my wife and I have finaly decided to start the process of moving to Oz. But on all the web sites there are loads of 'Agencies' which do all the work for you at a massive cost. In your experiences what are the benefits of these agents or is it just as fast and as easy to do it yourself......? Im going in under the skilled migration...I hope !!!!

Thanks very much
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Agent or not?

Hi there

If your case is stragiht forward then you could probably go it alone. But I used ASA www.australia-migration.com and found their service excellent. You may as well check out their website for a free intiial assessment and see what you think, if you are interested in using an agent. When I signed up with them I paid £2k and that was for everything - all application and professional fees for the skills asessment and the skilled application.

PM me if you want more details about them.

Most people on here have used Go Matilda or George Lombard, but AS are also worth checking out.

Good Luck with your application - agent or not..

SS
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazza1234
Hi sorry if this has been asked before, Its my first post on this site and just in off nightshift so excuse the rambling and bad spelling.
Well my wife and I have finaly decided to start the process of moving to Oz. But on all the web sites there are loads of 'Agencies' which do all the work for you at a massive cost. In your experiences what are the benefits of these agents or is it just as fast and as easy to do it yourself......? Im going in under the skilled migration...I hope !!!!

Thanks very much

what skill/trade you going under?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we did not use an agent...it is a painsaking process but the website at www.immi.gov.au covers everything.

Agents are good if you are borderline, but if you are fairly straightforward with your points, do it yourself. You still have the same steps to go through.
Our costs were about 600 pounds for the visa processing, 150 for skills assessment and 200 for medicals- so significantly cheaper than an agent.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

bazza1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

my trade is an Control & Instrumentation. Not sure what it comes under in the skills assesment...
But looks like ill get the 60 points
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

as long as you can decide who can assess your skills you don't need to worry!

I went to Australian Computer Society and they decided what category I should apply under. For 400 dollars, they give you a page and say 'for migrations purposes your skills category is xxxxxxxx'.
Easy!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we used an agent......best 1500 GBP we have ever spent, in ouir opinion anyways
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Markwinstan is an unknown quantity at this point

my trade is an Control & Instrumentation. Not sure what it comes under in the skills assesment...
But looks like ill get the 60 points
HI there

My boyfriend just completed his Trades Recognition through the TRA and he was recognised as Electronic Instrumentation Tradesperson (Special Class). This gets him the 60 points. HE used an agent to get through that process.

Getting the info together now to lodge the Visa application, we are going to be using an Agent for this also, mainly as his application isn't going to be completely straightforwrd as we are dealing with a period of self employment.

We have been advised that when they release the Updated MODL (Migration Occupation In Demand List) there is a chance that there will be instrumentation occupations listed. We have our fingers crossed that it is the Special Class category that is listed as this will make it alot easier to reach the 120 points needed for the Skilled Independant Visa.

Good Luck
Cath
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:11 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markwinstan
HI there

My boyfriend just completed his Trades Recognition through the TRA and he was recognised as Electronic Instrumentation Tradesperson (Special Class). This gets him the 60 points. HE used an agent to get through that process.

Getting the info together now to lodge the Visa application, we are going to be using an Agent for this also, mainly as his application isn't going to be completely straightforwrd as we are dealing with a period of self employment.

We have been advised that when they release the Updated MODL (Migration Occupation In Demand List) there is a chance that there will be instrumentation occupations listed. We have our fingers crossed that it is the Special Class category that is listed as this will make it alot easier to reach the 120 points needed for the Skilled Independant Visa.

Good Luck
Cath

You can pay an agent to help you through certian stages, ie Skills recognition or Visa application. You can contact Go Matilda for a free 15 minute consulation ( I think) . if you think you can do it yourself and don't mind the stress of it all then go cheap. If you want to take some of the pain away and have the money then use an agent. I am using an Agent solely because I have a tricky case and I don't want to fail.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Likewise, was the best £1k I have ever spent.

SS
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:22 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much

I've applied skilled independant without a Co, all the work has been done myself with a few questions I was unsure of being asked on here. My application is not straight forward, I've had solicitors involved and all sorts due to my hubbys child from previous not migrating and not being able to get any info from ex-wife. Medicals for us wasn't straight forward either. If additional info is required they will ask for this either with or before the med request, in our case no additional info was required so pending meds everything is OK with our app. Meds should be getting sent next week.
Marie
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Thanks very much
Hi Bazza

I am a mechanical fitter which is a trade on the modl list. I believe anyone who has a reasonable understanding of selling themselves in application forms is capable of aplication without an agent. I work with control engineers and I know you guys are an educated bunch so i would suggest if you can work out under which trade your skills come under you should have no probs going through the motions unaided.we were quoted £1700 fees from a migration agent so we have gone solo. Not a problem with TRA but we are now waiting for our main visas to be approved.

Good luck with your application Sean
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Thanks very much

PS Bazza

I did an on line test with a migration agent and they said I did not have enough points but they could help me over thet hurdle. When I read through the 47sk form and the booklet that helps explain the requirements I actually qualified for 130 points. Remember these people are not here to be your friends or do you any favours. They are business people with a living to earn, so my advice is to do your own research before appointing any expensive help. Have confidence in your own abilities and don't get sucked in...

Cheers Mate

Sean and Sadie ( Hairy arse fitter and sexy house wife)