Agent / no Agent

Agent / no Agent

Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:06 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road
Question Agent / no Agent

Hi All

Apologies if this has already been round, but is really as hard as some make out if you decide to DIY (migration Apl, nothing else).

Would like to read you views/comments

Going for skilled independant.

SMC
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point

smc,
With a lot of much appretiated help from this website I have gone the DIY way I sent my application off on 1/2/04 via courier just waiting and hopeing that everthing was filled in ok !

chris
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Default Re: Agent / no Agent

We ( my husband and I ) are doing it on our own. Applying for skilled sponsored desingated area.
The general concensus seems to be that straightforward cases can be done without an agent.
Have you done an on line assessment ? Is it easy for you to get the required documents together- do you have the relevant qualifications and work experience ? If so then I would have thought you would be Ok to do it on your own IMHO ofcourse

natty
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

DIY.

Our application had me, my wife and my baby daughter on it. My wife is not British, and has lived in three countries (lots of security checks from all over the world), and is not a native English speaker (therefore language tests). My daughter has a genetic disorder (fun with medicals).

We did a DIY application and got the visas. If I had to do it all again (and thank God I do not), I still wouldn't use an agent. Just read the literature thoroughly, use some common sense, and post of bulletin boards if in doubt.

Neil
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:39 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by natty
We ( my husband and I ) are doing it on our own. Applying for skilled sponsored desingated area.
The general concensus seems to be that straightforward cases can be done without an agent.
Have you done an on line assessment ? Is it easy for you to get the required documents together- do you have the relevant qualifications and work experience ? If so then I would have thought you would be Ok to do it on your own IMHO ofcourse

natty

Thanks for the comments,

I have enough points, have the certs just have to get all other info together but looking at other threads this seems to be neverending as you cant send to much!

SMC
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with an agent and don´t regret it... you can indeed do it yourself, but going with an agent saved me a lot of work and stress (unfortunately it costed me a litle fortune)...

Is a simple choice work/stress vs money...

Wish you luck...

Enrique.-

Originally posted by SMC
Hi All

Apologies if this has already been round, but is really as hard as some make out if you decide to DIY (migration Apl, nothing else).

Would like to read you views/comments

Going for skilled independant.

SMC
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:46 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya

We used an Agent....his total fees were $3500.......our Main application for Skilled Designated Area Sponsored...
went in on Sept 25th 2003, and our bond has just been lodged.....waiting on notification of visa's

All correspondence with our agent in Sydney was done by e-mail and we used DHL to send over the important documents.

We could have done it DIY but it has been a lot less stresssful with the agent doing everything ...its a personal decision....do what u see fit
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

dillon is an unknown quantity at this point

DIY

I visited a UK agent once (for 1 hour and £350!) and decided that I would make a better case myself, after all I'm the one that wants the visa. Agents are expensive and certainly the one I saw did not impress me.
Just do your research, read all the information you can, and when in doubt post on the forum.
Worth bearing in mind the person who will be reading it all, so make it clear and easy to follow and give them all the info that they ask for.