British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Agent For Main Visa Yes/no?????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/agent-main-visa-yes-no-311382/)

ambermax Jun 30th 2005 5:06 pm

Agent For Main Visa Yes/no??????

HI I am having my TRA assessed as we speak i had a agent to do that side, but is it best to keep the agent for the main visa or is it easy to do it your self? the visa is a skilled-independent (class BN) subclass 136 as a metal fabricator (boiler maker) 4122-11
any help would be great :p :D

andyedwards Jun 30th 2005 5:20 pm

Re: Agent For Main Visa Yes/no??????

Originally Posted by ambermax
HI I am having my TRA assessed as we speak i had a agent to do that side, but is it best to keep the agent for the main visa or is it easy to do it your self? the visa is a skilled-independent (class BN) subclass 136 as a metal fabricator (boiler maker) 4122-11
any help would be great :p :D

I would say get an agent to do the main one too. It took a lot of the stress off us personally. There are arguments to both sides but in my opinion an agent who knows their stuff is worth their weight in gold - and I'd happily kiss mine when (no if's cos cup is half full!!) that little v-day comes along!!
Whatever you decide - good luck!
Cheers
Shaz :)

alexwest Jun 30th 2005 5:35 pm

I would only do it if your agent has been good and responsive. If you have one who isn't then it is much more stressful than doing it yourselves.
We didn't get an acknowledgement from DIMIA, after our application had gone in. 7 months later our agent was still insisting that this was perfectly normal and that we shouldn't bother Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. In the end, it was only by checking Austimeline that we realised we should have received it by then. We then contacted Adelaide who were really good and re-sent the lost acknowledgement.

ambermax Jun 30th 2005 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by andyedwards
I would say get an agent to do the main one too. It took a lot of the stress off us personally. There are arguments to both sides but in my opinion an agent who knows their stuff is worth their weight in gold - and I'd happily kiss mine when (no if's cos cup is half full!!) that little v-day comes along!!
Whatever you decide - good luck!
Cheers
Shaz :)

maybe your right if we have paid £1800 so far we might as well carry on with the professionals it's just the cost keeps adding up we reckon on just over £4000 for the lot does that sound right :p :D

68MEVY Jun 30th 2005 6:12 pm

Hi. I've not used an agent and we had a complicated visa. If yours is straight forward I'd do it yourself but I'd never attempt a complicated one ever again-too much stress.
Marie

ambermax Jun 30th 2005 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi. I've not used an agent and we had a complicated visa. If yours is straight forward I'd do it yourself but I'd never attempt a complicated one ever again-too much stress.
Marie

hi i wouldn't have a clue if it's complicated or not

68MEVY Jun 30th 2005 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi i wouldn't have a clue if it's complicated or not

Well, if it helps, ours was complicated in that me and hubby have bad medical history, especially hubby. Hubby also has a child from previous marriage not migrating and ex wife refusing to be of any help. It was a bloody nightmare situation and involved alot of time, patience and stress to get around.
Marie