Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Agent did you use/are you using?

View Poll Results: What Agent did you use/are you using?
George Lombard
10.30%
Alan Collett
17.58%
ASA
3.64%
OE
12.12%
Visa Bureau
1.21%
Concept Australia
12.12%
ICSAH
0%
Other
43.03%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Which Agent did you use/are you using?

Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:07 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which Agent did you use/are you using?

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Just curious.....?
I am using go matilda. We are at the TRA stage, it has been a bit slow getting replies back from Glenn--But this is probably due to the amount of work one consultant can do, with all the recommendations from this forum. he he
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

What would be really fabby now is if all the people who voted "other" could let us know who they instructed please as over half fall into that category? I know some have already by the way!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:30 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

That is a wholly unmerited comment from someone who appears to have contributed very little to this forum.

Furthermore:

1. How I run my business is of no concern to you.

2. If you have a problem with the time I spend on the internet each day that's your problem, not mine. I like to think the time I spend dealing with questions and emails from clients (and others) isn't a problem ... why should it be? I don't see clients complaining about the time I (and my colleagues) spend dealing with their enquiries and applications.

3. I am not the only person working at Go Matilda - there are 11 of us presently. In other words I have a very able and competent team of people who don't post on these forums, and who are working on client matters and administration.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Personally I find it strange that such a high profile agent would spend so much time surfing the net!

Shouldn't they be working on their clients behalf instead?

Bill
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:39 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Are you asking that those of us who are registered migration agents don't contribute to forums any more? Because if you are, I think you might find you are in a minority ... I am happy to spend time providing input where I can, but from what you are saying it seems you'd prefer it if I didn't (presumably the same would apply to George Lombard, JAJ, etc).

Best regards.

Didn't mean to offend.

I use 3 forums and every one I go into, the agent seems to be there.

Just seems like sharking on people when they are least confident thats all.

I stand corrected.

Bill
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:48 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I find it strange that such a high profile agent would spend so much time surfing the net!

Bill
There are lot of members who have found the advice from George Lombard and Alan Collett invaluable to their visa applications. Why should there be a problem with agents providing this service for free?
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

We used OE and they were rubbish. When I see the knock on effect of their incompetence it has literally cost us thousands.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:03 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark Webster of Acacia Immigration in Sydney.....superb service
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Harsh!!!

Bill
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Sorry, I meant to finish that....

I think thats a bit harsh, a lot of Agents give free and invaluable advice in forums such as this and it is for this that we should all be very grateful. I think you will find the agents on here, and others such as ASA, are totally committed to their client base - and I dont think any of them would neglect their clients so they could spend a few more minutes in forums such as this.

So thanks....
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rooksie
We are with Go Matilda (after a disasterous TRA experience with A N Other agent ). We figured the world, his wife and their dog couldn't all be wrong!!!!

i knew i shouldnt have listened to that stupid bloody dog!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:48 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Which Agent did you use/are you using?

i knew i shouldnt have listened to that stupid bloody dog!
oh dear, are these the same people that cant read the SA skills in demand list?

I wont mention their name for fear of legal action!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
oh dear, are these the same people that cant read the SA skills in demand list?

I wont mention their name for fear of legal action!!
as sure as sugar!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:51 am

Are you going to update you sign:

27th April - sacked second useless agent

****** off!

Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
Are you going to update you sign:

27th April - sacked second useless agent

****** off!

update sign to read "staying in bloody torquay" i think mate!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:31 pm

update sign to read "staying in bloody torquay" i think mate!!!!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.