Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Agent or D.I.Y??????

Agent or D.I.Y??????

Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:51 pm
Chris 'n' Sarah

chris223 is a jewel in the roughchris223 is a jewel in the roughchris223 is a jewel in the roughchris223 is a jewel in the roughchris223 is a jewel in the rough
Default Agent or D.I.Y??????

should i use an authorised agent for the visa application or go through the whole process myself? is there a masive time and cost difference? if anybody has any thoughts on this please reply!
thanks Chris n Sarah
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:17 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agent or D.I.Y??????

Originally Posted by chris223
should i use an authorised agent for the visa application or go through the whole process myself? is there a masive time and cost difference? if anybody has any thoughts on this please reply!
thanks Chris n Sarah
Totally depends on your circumstances and what Visa you're applying for... Many would say that if your application is very straight forward then it's worth looking at doing it yourself... Others would say use an agent if there's anything even remotely out of the ordinary in your circumstances... Personally I'd use an agent, and the one I did use was George Lombard. You could have a search through the forums as this has been asked once or twice before...
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:34 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Chris n Sarah

we did diy
if its a straight forward application then diy there is a huge difference in cos

and you will find that the nice people on here are only too eager to help if you need
that includes me

good luck whatever you decide

jan xx
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:13 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Chris n Sarah
diy. cross the t's.dot the i's. we got a 136 skilled independant and it was straight forward.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:32 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

DIY, we did. But maybe use an agent for the skills assessment if its a bit complicated.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:42 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We did our selves but it took a lot of research to get comfortable with everything. Our case was very straight forward.

If you need more info just search for it. I think I see this question come up at least a couple of times a week so there's lots of opinions out there.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Chris n Sarah
DIY is the way to go unless you have a real fear that you are borderline. That money will come in very handy when you get here.

Prepare the application leaving nothing to chance, provide rock hard evidence or each question and if they want more they will get in touch and ask you for it.

Above all - read the guidance first - Good luck
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rabc
DIY is the way to go unless you have a real fear that you are borderline. That money will come in very handy when you get here.

Prepare the application leaving nothing to chance, provide rock hard evidence or each question and if they want more they will get in touch and ask you for it.

Above all - read the guidance first - Good luck

DIY - if you have patience that is! It's not that difficult - and there are plenty of people here to help you...sometimes agents can take longer, as to them you are only one of many. I'd save my pennies for a surftboard or something!!!

Good luck.

Laura and Gordon