Wikiposts

Agent advice

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default Agent advice

Hi all,

A freind of mine has been asking me for some details about emmigration, he is applying for a skilled 136 (we have our skilled 136 visa).

The thing I was concerned about was he said that they have been speaking to an agent who is asking for £4000 + Australia fees on top as well as paying for the medical. The agents want £2000 of this money upfront.

When he was telling me this I started to think of some of the horror stories you hear about bad agents.

So can anyone please let me know of any good or bad experiances you have had or heard of with Visa Plus Relocation Limited.

Thank you.

Sarah.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:09 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Agent advice

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi all,

A freind of mine has been asking me for some details about emmigration, he is applying for a skilled 136 (we have our skilled 136 visa).

The thing I was concerned about was he said that they have been speaking to an agent who is asking for £4000 + Australia fees on top as well as paying for the medical. The agents want £2000 of this money upfront.

When he was telling me this I started to think of some of the horror stories you hear about bad agents.

So can anyone please let me know of any good or bad experiances you have had or heard of with Visa Plus Relocation Limited.

Thank you.

Sarah.
Sorry, but I haven't heard of them, but the charges do seem a bit too steep. Do a search on the immigration forum for agents, as I'm sure you will find one alot cheaper.

Neil
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:11 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Agent advice

Hi all,

Thank you.

Sarah.
That does seem like a lot of money!

I have never seen a bad word about these two companies on this site...

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/

http://www.gomatilda.com/

Good luck with their application.

R.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:14 am
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=neil.b]Sorry, but I haven't heard of them, but the charges do seem a bit too steep. Do a search on the immigration forum for agents, as I'm sure you will find one alot cheaper.

I am using ASA Migration and they let you pay in stage payments and it is a lot cheaper than this for the full service. There are also other companies around some post on this forum Go Matilda etc.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Greigrob is on a distinguished road

Haven't heard of them either.

Definetly sounds a bit expensive, also half the money up front sounds a bit dodgy.

Our accumulative fees (including TRA) with OE Visa's dont even come close to that.

Think the best advice is to do a bit of reasearch and they will definetly find someone cheaper.

Greig
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:18 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

I am using ASA Migration and they let you pay in stage payments and it is a lot cheaper than this for the full service. There are also other companies around some post on this forum Go Matilda etc.[/QUOTE]

Paying in stage payments seems like a very good idea. If you decide not to go through with it at any stage, at least you haven't wasted a shed load of money.
Noticed that you are heading for Adelaide.I've got a Hema map of Adelaide and region which you can have (free) if you are interested.

Neil.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Thanx all,

We used Overseas Emmigration when we got our visa & I know from experiance that there prices are nowhere near what my friend has been quoted. I have told him to avoid them, and use Go Matilda, OE, George Lamboard and some of the other good agents used on this site.

Sarah.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanx all,

We used Overseas Emmigration when we got our visa & I know from experiance that there prices are nowhere near what my friend has been quoted. I have told him to avoid them, and use Go Matilda, OE, George Lamboard and some of the other good agents used on this site.

Sarah.
Hi Sarah,
Just replied on immigration forum
Hilary
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi,

Thanx all,

Sarah.
Hi Sarah

We are also using Overseas Emigration, prices nowhere near what your friend was quoted. I would be very wary !!!

Theresa
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi there

I used ASA www.australia-migration.com and thought they were brilliant. They cost me About £2k and that included the application fees as well for the main application and the skills assesssment. I am happy to talk to you about them in more detail if you want any more answers.....they really are worth checking out though.

SS
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Go Matilda...excellent