Agency or not?

Old May 9th 2004, 12:36 am
Just Joined

brijacq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agency or not?

Very new to forum, my wife and i have decided we are going to take the big step and move to Australia. We are just wondering if people recommend using an agency or not?

Thnx in advance for any responses.

Ps which ones are the best if you recommend using one?
Old May 9th 2004, 7:53 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Agency or not?

Originally posted by brijacq
Very new to forum, my wife and i have decided we are going to take the big step and move to Australia. We are just wondering if people recommend using an agency or not?

Welcome to the forum, I noticed that no-one had replied so thought I'd give you a pointer.

At the end of the day and how complicated your personal circumstances and background is ie. if you have loads of children from previous relationships, vaired job history then it might be wise to use one - there are some useful links on here if you search for agents - Alan Collett seems to be the most highly rated from wht I have seen over the last year ?

We didn't use an agent as we thought it was fairly straightforward (and that was before we found this site). Anyway, we did it ourselves at the end of the day and have managed to get through. Another reason why we didn't use an agent is that we thought (although no evidence to support it) that the agent might have numerous applications to deal with and juggle whereas we can concentrate on just one important one.....ours !!

Good luck

Warren (and Jill)
Perth Sept 2004........

Old May 9th 2004, 7:57 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Do your research first and see how complicated your case might be. Check out the faq in the sticky thread at the top. Also read the pages relevant to you on www.immi.gov.au .
Old May 9th 2004, 9:17 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

we found we could of done it ourselfs but after many weeks/months or reading and researching and not really going anywhere we got a agent just cos we dont have the time and i was getting quite stressed and decided we didint need extra stress if someone else could help us.
Old May 14th 2004, 10:04 pm
debbiea34

Hi

I am currently waiting for a decision from the TRA, we started the procedure in Jan this year. We started to fill the forms ourselves after taking a free assesment test on a migration website. I am a hairdresser and needed to get a lot of information together. We decided to go through an agent to help us with any factors we weren`t sure about, we just didn`t want any hold ups and we thought by going through an agent they would make sure everything went through smoothly. At first I assumed I would go on a sponsered visa as my brother lives in Perth with his family, but my agent said I could go on an Independent Skilled. Be warned it is expensive and looking back we could of probably achieved it ourselves but it is down to personal choice. Personally I feel our agent isn`t pulling his weight, I sent the necessary docs to him by special delivery on the 29th of Feb, he promised he would send it as soon as he recieved it. I received a letter from the TRA informing me that they had received my docs on the 5th April !!!!! From the helpful information I have found on this forum I am now wondering when he sent it in. Obviously I can`t prove anything but another point, I asked him if we could prepare the second part of the application and he assured me that this would not be possible as we had to wait for a TRA decision! While reading a post on this forum someones agent had already prepared their application ready to send away when the skills assesment returned!! I do wonder if its worth it or have we picked the wrong agent!

I hope I haven`t moaned too much!!

Good luck anyway, let us know how you are coming along

Debbie