agency/diy?

Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

julie mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default agency/diy?

just starting out,cannot decide whether to go with an agency or not.hoping to get a skilled visa as an electrician.if anyone could advise us one way or the other it would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:25 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: agency/diy?

Originally Posted by julie mark
just starting out,cannot decide whether to go with an agency or not.hoping to get a skilled visa as an electrician.if anyone could advise us one way or the other it would be much appreciated.

There are many variables and each case is different and only on its own merits can the person decide if they need an agent. Personally I think if you are unsure and you want it to be right first time use an agent, oh and you have some spare cash... I know hardly likely.

But if you read booklet 6 presuming you understand it all, it can be done by yourelf. It's all about confidence in your own ability .

Good luck whatever you decide
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:28 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi Julie, welcome to the forum We used an agent as the TRA bit can be quite tricky but mainly because we didn't have the time to get it wrong and need to re-apply as we only had a couple of months to get everything done before hubby hit the 45 mark. The point of no return There seems to be no hard and fast rule about what people do. Some people though do use an agent just to do the TRA then do the main application themselves if it is a straightforward case. Depends if you have children from previous marriages, health concerns, etc.

Best of luck
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:32 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at all the paperwork if it scares the hell out of you get a good agent .
If it looks ok to you then diy i went diy and all ok 4 me , but my case was as straight forward as you can get .
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Look at all the paperwork if it scares the hell out of you get a good agent .
If it looks ok to you then diy i went diy and all ok 4 me , but my case was as straight forward as you can get .

thanks for your help the paperworks scaring me just thinking about it. :scared:
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:49 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your help the paperworks scaring me just thinking about it. :scared:
Read it through , skills forms , booklet 6 etc take a few reads but stinks in .
If you get stuck ask on the immigration part of this form.
For your skills assessment get all the stuff they ask for on the form and explain it as simply as poss , like your telling a complete idiot how to do your job don't leave anything out , also do a few searches on here as most if not all questions have been asked many times .
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum We used an agent as the TRA bit can be quite tricky but mainly because we didn't have the time to get it wrong and need to re-apply as we only had a couple of months to get everything done before hubby hit the 45 mark. The point of no return There seems to be no hard and fast rule about what people do. Some people though do use an agent just to do the TRA then do the main application themselves if it is a straightforward case. Depends if you have children from previous marriages, health concerns, etc.

Best of luck

thanks for your quick reply anne.thinking of using your suggestion about using an agent for the tra as that is our main concern.now to look for an agent.thanks again speak to you soon.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brisben
There are many variables and each case is different and only on its own merits can the person decide if they need an agent. Personally I think if you are unsure and you want it to be right first time use an agent, oh and you have some spare cash... I know hardly likely.

But if you read booklet 6 presuming you understand it all, it can be done by yourelf. It's all about confidence in your own ability .

Good luck whatever you decide

thanks for your quick reply.going to look into the possibility/cost of using an agent for the tra only. that seems like the tricky bit.