Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of
Default For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Hello,
I have started this thread up because i want to see if anybody elses reasons for and against going to oz are the same as mine, you dont have to discuss reasons if you dont want, just lets start of this thread and see what topics come up.

So.. i want to go to Oz because of the better life, weather, and experience, however i want to stay in England because of my friends and family...

Does anyone else have other reasons?

Matt

xxx
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Cheap bacon !!!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Lol, cheap bacon. i am a vegetarian so that idea doesnt work for me lol.

Is that the only reason?

Matt
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Matt06
Lol, cheap bacon. i am a vegetarian so that idea doesnt work for me lol.

Is that the only reason?

Matt
your darn right mate bacon is a fraction!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

i think everyone has the same reasons as you unless they have no family or friends.

i just keep thinking about the quality time we'll spend together when they come for hols, coz face it everyone's too tied up with working here and the weather is too crap to enjoy days out.

and you can always come home if you really want to, but you'll always wonder about what your life could have been like if you don't go.

shell
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:30 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Cheap bacon !!!!!!
dont forget the flies
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes, i agree, i AM GOING TO FIND IT SOO HARD TO LEAVE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY...(IL TAAKE CAPS LOCK OF NOW) lol...i have already booked a flight for one of my best friends are visiting us for 3 weeks.. in August(even though we ourselves would have only been to the country a month later..lol

Matt
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, i agree, i AM GOING TO FIND IT SOO HARD TO LEAVE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY...(IL TAAKE CAPS LOCK OF NOW) lol...i have already booked a flight for one of my best friends are visiting us for 3 weeks.. in August(even though we ourselves would have only been to the country a month later..lol

Matt
Jeez matt your eager, we've been here 4 months got MIL coming in 2 weeks and dreadin it, I might add tho it is for 7 weeks, do you think I'm gonna end up killling her, chances are looking good 7 weeks for god sake!! Why the hell did they think we were coming this far, we could have gone to Canada for gods sake!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I have started this thread up because i want to see if anybody elses reasons for and against going to oz are the same as mine, you dont have to discuss reasons if you dont want, just lets start of this thread and see what topics come up.

So.. i want to go to Oz because of the better life, weather, and experience, however i want to stay in England because of my friends and family...

Does anyone else have other reasons?

Matt

xxx
We are going for pretty much the same reasons as you; The weather, obviously, is so much better and we think we'll do so much more as a family. Here myself and OH often work on alternate weekends but we'll be taking enough capital with us to just have a small mortgage so hopefully we'll have the weekends to ourselves. The weather will also allow us to more.

Obviously leaving family and friends is a concern but we only get this one shot at life* and we want to experience the adventure and give it a go

* unless you believe in reincarnation
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

My reason is of course for what I percieve will be a better life (no I'm not one of the grass is greener brigade) and most importantly the oportunities for my children.

I love it when they have been in the warm weather for a couple of weeks and have a healthy glow.

Looking forward to meeting new people - sports and outdoor life.

I have found the UK to be looking greyer and drabber the last couple of years - or is that coincidental with starting the visa application off LOL
--
UK - well by the sounds of it we get a lot here free that we will have to pay for . BACON - well that has to be a consideration absolutely (specially when crispy).

Angela
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:15 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Matt,

Sure family and friends are important! But you have to live your life for yourself and not for your friends and family... With today's tecnology there are several ways to be in-touch and i am sure you will make new friends in Oz too.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

BACON - well that has to be a consideration absolutely (specially when crispy).

Angela [/QUOTE]

Am I missing something ??? Is the bacon is Aus expensive ? Or crap ? WHAT ???
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Am I missing something ??? Is the bacon is Aus expensive ? Or crap ? WHAT ??? [/QUOTE]

In reply to poster The S's bacon comment
Angela
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:23 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
dont forget the flies
Isnt there always one of the bastards who follows you for ever down a street?
But seriously,the crime in my area (West London) is way out of control.I know some folks on this forum will say "hold on ,the grass isnt greener, there is some crime in Aus too". I'm sorry but most of the national crime stories on the news in Australia wouldnt even get a mention in my local rag back home.
OZZ is about 20 years behind (In a nice way )
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmtree
BACON - well that has to be a consideration absolutely (specially when crispy).

Angela

Am I missing something ??? Is the bacon is Aus expensive ? Or crap ? WHAT ??? [/QUOTE]

expensive AND crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.