Reload this Page >

after visa approval

after visa approval

Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:32 am
Just Joined

triple_eee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default after visa approval

Applying for skilled migration.

If successful, are you required to emmigrate (use visa) before a certain period has passed.

Would like to know in order to assess, when to put house on market, let kids finish current year of school etc etc...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:01 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: after visa approval

Originally Posted by triple_eee

If successful, are you required to emmigrate (use visa) before a certain period has passed.

Would like to know in order to assess, when to put house on market, let kids finish current year of school etc etc...
I think I am correct in saying that you will have to enter Australia and present your visa within a year of the date of your police checks.

We have just been granted our 136 skilled independent visa and have until 1st October 2005 to enter Australia (either permanently or as a validation trip). And our police checks were dated October 2004.

We put our house on the market before the visa was granted as we didn't want to be dealing with the stress of house sales at the last minute - there is always the option of renting or staying with family short term but that is a whole different discussion!

Happy decision making!

Binbird
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:04 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
I think I am correct in saying that you will have to enter Australia and present your visa within a year of the date of your police checks.

Binbird
Police or medicals - which ever is the earlier.

Your Pre grant should give you the date by which to enter
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Hi! Indeed you are! In fact we were granted our 136 Skilled Migration and had to be there within 6 months. Good for us we were planning a vacation anyways ...

I actually found the requirements to be "strict"... IE be there THAT fast. Oh well ...

/Jørgen Skogstad
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:25 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jskogsta
Hi! Indeed you are! In fact we were granted our 136 Skilled Migration and had to be there within 6 months. Good for us we were planning a vacation anyways ...

I actually found the requirements to be "strict"... IE be there THAT fast. Oh well ...

/Jørgen Skogstad
Yep - all of the comments are correct. You have 12 months from the date of either your police checks or medical (whichever is done first). For that reason, unless you are in a rush and can leave as soon as you get your visa, I'd suggest waiting to be asked to undergo medicals/police checks (after you send your visa application off).

otherwise you'll 'loose' a few months whilst all DIMMIA are going through your application. Also, if there is anything that they need double checking which prolongs the visa grant, then you may have to redo medicals and police checks at an extra cost.

DIMMIA do recommend that you don't sell any personal assets either in case you don't get your visa, but I guess it depends on how much of a 'risk' you want to take, by selling your house before getting the visa.

We got our 136 visa through much quicker than we thought (two months from sending application off) so we only got round to selling our house once we got the visa.

Good luck

Rob
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Checked ausitimeline.

Is there any reason why on application some police/medical requests have been made, say after 10 months while other applications have had these requests after 2 months.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:58 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Checked ausitimeline.

Is there any reason why on application some police/medical requests have been made, say after 10 months while other applications have had these requests after 2 months.
Might be dependent on when the application was submitted. Those pre-July are taking longer to process. I posted mine post-July and was asked for my medical and police checks 3 weeks later!

C'est la vie!

Rob
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:29 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Smile Re: after visa approval

We got our visa in Dec and we were told that once the visa is issued you must then enter oz to have it validated within 1 year of the Medical being taken. our medical was 26th oct last year and the date for us to enter is 26th oct 2005. You dont have to go completely by that date you could just arrive in oz, get the passports stamped and then go home again on next flight, then return at when you are sold up and sorted-we have 5 years after that date (if we wanted) to take our time to actually emigrate.One thing I would say though,start sorting your stuff now! we found that you spend forever waiting for the letters for this and that and suddenly it s all happened at once, now we are running about like headless chickens trying to get all ready for selling and moving, its been quite a wrench to suddenly start chucking out stuff,decorating etc all at once-we wish we had started all this before so it wasnt so stressful now!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Francinecrump is on a distinguished road

Hi there Rob, Gosh two months, when did you send your visa application in - our's has been in for 12 months, but I understand lots have been sent to Sydney's new processing office which is processing much quicker.

Also, can I ask what it is you do for a living?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
We got our visa in Dec and we were told that once the visa is issued you must then enter oz to have it validated within 1 year of the Medical being taken. our medical was 26th oct last year and the date for us to enter is 26th oct 2005. You dont have to go completely by that date you could just arrive in oz, get the passports stamped and then go home again on next flight, then return at when you are sold up and sorted-we have 5 years after that date (if we wanted) to take our time to actually emigrate.
Be aware that if you don't clock up 2 years in Australia in the 5 year period you'll have more complicated time preserving your PR and travel rights:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

For a simple life move within three years of visa grant and become an Australian citizen as soon as eligible.

Jeremy
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by squeezzii
We got our visa in Dec and we were told that once the visa is issued you must then enter oz to have it validated within 1 year of the Medical being taken. our medical was 26th oct last year and the date for us to enter is 26th oct 2005. You dont have to go completely by that date you could just arrive in oz, get the passports stamped and then go home again on next flight, then return at when you are sold up and sorted-we have 5 years after that date (if we wanted) to take our time to actually emigrate.One thing I would say though,start sorting your stuff now! we found that you spend forever waiting for the letters for this and that and suddenly it s all happened at once, now we are running about like headless chickens trying to get all ready for selling and moving, its been quite a wrench to suddenly start chucking out stuff,decorating etc all at once-we wish we had started all this before so it wasnt so stressful now!
Can the primary applicant only, or do all applicants have to make that initial visit to validate the visa(s). Is it definatley ok to make a quick return, are you not required to then hold a PR Return visa.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Just wanted to add our time line in. Our entry condition date was based on the date we had the un-requested x-rays taken. Got to plan ahead, and look at other timelines here, to estaimate your approval. There is a lot to do when you get your approval, and selling a house can take along time.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:34 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Rob,
We got our 136 visa through after about 12 months. The date for when you needed to enter Oz by was on the visa and had no relation to the medical Or police check dates.

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

CtrlAltDel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Might be dependent on when the application was submitted. Those pre-July are taking longer to process. I posted mine post-July and was asked for my medical and police checks 3 weeks later!

C'est la vie!
We sent our application off on 03/11/2004, got asked for the PCC/meds 27/12/2004 (guess the letter got held up in the post with all the Xmas cards ), the PCC took just two weeks to come through, while we completed the meds 17/01/2005. You guys are giving us hope that we'll get The Decision by Easter

If we get it before June, we'd be aiming to be in Sydney by the end of September, ready for the start of Term 4 for our primary-school age daughter. Otherwise, we'll be packing our bags over Christmas turkey
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:34 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Can the primary applicant only, or do all applicants have to make that initial visit to validate the visa(s). Is it definatley ok to make a quick return, are you not required to then hold a PR Return visa.
As far as we are aware you would be holding your visa which entitles you to entry by then,so no further visa would be needed-any comment on this at all is welcomed if I am wrong!- depending on house sale we intend to be in by october anyway- why wait all that time for visa to come through and then pospone it for years?
we have specific instructions on our visas issued that at the point of entry my partner MUST be 1st entrant followed by me + kids- I guess cos he applied for the visa so he is 1st entrant-Oh yeah we have a condition of entry too-we cant get married before entry-so bang go our plans! (huh we are together 20 years then he leaves it to the last minute and then is told we mustnt get married before we go, I'm sure he's REALLY upset about it-perhaps I should take a hint!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.