After Medicals

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

LeeW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After Medicals

Once the medicals have been completed and sent back to Oz House what happens next? How long does it usually take to hear back once the medicals have been sent?

Does the case officer review the medical report or does it go to a medical adviser to determine whether it needs to go to the Medical Officer of the commonwealth?

Any insights to the process at Oz House much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 4th 2002, 4:27 am
Wagga

Default Re: After Medicals

In my case, it was very fast. Something like less than 3 months.

"LeeW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Once the medicals have been completed and sent back to Oz House what happens next?
    > How long does it usually take to hear back once the medicals have been sent?
    >
    > Does the case officer review the medical report or does it go to a medical adviser
    > to determine whether it needs to go to the Medical Officer of the commonwealth?
    >
    > Any insights to the process at Oz House much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 4th 2002, 6:21 am
Rdarby

The medicals go to a particular department whose name I forget, but basically it's
off to the medical people, not the case officer. Case officer just forwards it. How
long it takes depends. Took me 4 months, on the IT fast track, some people it took a
year. Check out the timeline site for ideas. The next thing seems to be the letter
saying you have got it. Now is the lonely wait I'm afraid - all you can do is start
preparing. I thought I was, only then did I realise how much work is involved in
getting clear of debt, selling up, getting qualifications finished etc. Good luck.

Old Jul 4th 2002, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Finch is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee

We applied skilled independent AHC London July 01, got called for medicals 22/3/02, sent back medicals 10/5/02, got confirmation of visa letters 5/6/02 ie 26 days after submitting medicals and this was with my daughter having a serious condition (arthritis) which I assumed would have been sent to Oz for review.

Finch