Reload this Page >

After the initial entry..

After the initial entry..

Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

carolalanni is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy After the initial entry..

Hi mates,
i took an australian permanent visa and i still have to go for the initial entry.
I would like to read in full all the rules about the initial entry....for example if after that i need to come back in my country for a year, or 6 months.....what happens? could i lose my permanent visa?
Do I have to rent a house (by force) after initial entry?....
i need to know those and other.
do you have any link or officiale file about it?
thank you a lot.

carola
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:38 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After the initial entry..

Originally Posted by carolalanni
Hi mates,
i took an australian permanent visa and i still have to go for the initial entry.
I would like to read in full all the rules about the initial entry....for example if after that i need to come back in my country for a year, or 6 months.....what happens? could i lose my permanent visa?
thank you a lot.

carola
Sorry I can't help you, but I'd try posting this in the immigration forum - -I'm sure you would get loads of replies there.

Good luck

xRachx
Old Apr 29th 2006, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After the initial entry..

Originally Posted by carolalanni
Hi mates,
thank you a lot.

carola
The links will be on DIMA somewhere, I haven't time to search for them just now.

I can tell you though that once your visa is issued, you have to make an initial entry within 12 months of your medical or Police clearance certificate (earliest). You can then leave again. Your visa is valid for 5 years from the date of issue, so you have until then to take up residence in Australia.

You do NOT need to rent or buy a house if you do not wish to.

I hope that helps
Wendy