Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

after bad news good came in double!

Wikiposts

after bad news good came in double!

Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:10 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: after bad news good came in double!

Originally Posted by nursemand
told being made redundant at work...lovely nhs

no visa house not sold house...did not plan to leave til end of year so panic ...how to pay mortgage etc

then

x2 offers on house and email from DIMIA all on same day

so good luck to you all
and thanks to who or what ever was looking down on me and hubby

You, lucky, lucky bastard

On the other hand i am completely gobsmacked they are paying off nurses, i read your thread in the nursing bit and couldn't believe it. I was saying to people at my work and they basically thought i was talking shite or the nurses that were being paid off were making mega bucks but ave never heard of nurse doing that

Also just out of curiosity, did they offer an alternative to redundancey i.e. relocation, pay cut

Last edited by Margaret2; Jun 4th 2006 at 4:17 am.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:01 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell are they making nurses redundant when they are paying for nurses to come in from overseas? I really can't understand it!
One overseas nurse I used to work with was calculating how much she would get in child benefit etc and her child hadn't even come with her - it was just her and her hubby! I think the whole system has gone 'b***s up'!

Tracey
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

no visa house not sold house...did not plan to leave til end of year so panic ...how to pay mortgage etc

then

so good luck to you all
Mand, who's laughing now Good luck and god bless.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:14 am

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice

then

so good luck to you all

how lucky are you?????
get your flights booked quickly.
I can't believe that nurses are being made redundant? Its not as though you are not needed NHS is going down the pan rapidly, you are best off out of it!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 7:45 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Smile Re: after bad news good came in double!

then

so good luck to you all
Sounds like everything was just meant to be. Good luck.