Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

after bad news good came in double!

after bad news good came in double!

Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future
Default after bad news good came in double!

told being made redundant at work...lovely nhs

no visa house not sold house...did not plan to leave til end of year so panic ...how to pay mortgage etc

then

x2 offers on house and email from DIMIA all on same day

so good luck to you all
and thanks to who or what ever was looking down on me and hubby
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: after bad news good came in double!

Originally Posted by nursemand

no visa house not sold house...did not plan to leave til end of year so panic ...how to pay mortgage etc

then

so good luck to you all
So no bad because presumably you will be getting some sort of redundancy money to take with you Well done!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
So no bad because presumably you will be getting some sort of redundancy money to take with you Well done!

thats my cunning plan
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation after bad news good came in double!

Looking at your username are you a nurse?

Just a stab in the dark so to speak.

So with a UK National shortage and a worldwide shortage of nurses the great Trust in the sky has decided the easiest and simplest route..............and that is to make peeps at the coal face redundant?

Such great sense from out masters in their Ivory Towers..........and tax payers pay 100K each year to those people.

I was once at a meeting to discuss ways to tackle Trust overspend, I counted the salaries around the table and as a conservative estimate of the 6 managers there the salary was about 650K.

The only action they could think of was redundancies...........made my blood boil (those were the days...I'm medicated now) and I decided there and then to leave the NHS and never return...........and I did.

I hope you nail their feet to the floorboards!

Good luck!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Great news - Congratulations!

then

so good luck to you all
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

I read on here a long time ago about a guy who went to see his boss with his resignation letter. (Soon to come to Australia). His boss refused his offer and told him to wait a week. Then a few days later there were a number of redundencies and , you guessed it his noame was on the list. He got a really good payout. There are some really good bosses in the world!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

then

so good luck to you all
I think when everything falls into place like that it is a sign that things are meant to be. I can't quite believe that they are making nurses redundant when there is supposed to be a shortage. My friend in uk is a nurse and they are under the threat of redundancies too.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

mand theta great news good for you , congratulations. i will not miss the nhs, i know things are bad in aus too but i ve heard they look after their nurses.

do you have a job out there? i'm going to be working at royal bris kids, they are desperate for nurses if youre interested must be, they employed me
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:11 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you! Good luck with it all
J x
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:24 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Great news...eventually
Congratulations.
Julie. x
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:26 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

then

so good luck to you all

Congratulations on getting your visa mand! Hope your house sale goes through nice and quick....as for the NHS you can stick 2 fingers up to them now and I hope you get the big pay off that you so deserve! Best of luck!

Jackie x
Old Jun 4th 2006, 2:13 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Congratulations on getting your visa mand! Hope your house sale goes through nice and quick....as for the NHS you can stick 2 fingers up to them now and I hope you get the big pay off that you so deserve! Best of luck!

Jackie x
Ditto! Just what I was gonna say!
Good luck!

Tracey
Old Jun 4th 2006, 3:22 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Ditto! Just what I was gonna say!
Good luck!

Tracey
Great minds eh Tracey?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 3:43 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!!! Makes you feel a lot happier after the news
of being made redundant at work. Guess who's having
the last laugh

Take care,
Miranda
Old Jun 4th 2006, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

then

so good luck to you all

Congratulations on getting your visa, lets hope you get a nice pay out to give you a good start in your new life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.