Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

After 2 years waiting, only one week to go!

After 2 years waiting, only one week to go!

Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of
Default After 2 years waiting, only one week to go!

Hi, The time to leave is almost upon us, we leave the UK on tuesday, stopping off in Singapore for 4 nights at the Pan Pacific, before arriving in Brisbane on 3rd July.
We had our leaving party on saturday, at my local rugby club, started at 4pm and went on until 3.30 am. I was too busy running around to feel emotional, but it was a beautiful sunny day. We had a great Irish band on, who blasted out Diddle-le de all night. But now I am suffering from alcohol abuse, the last month has been one piss up after another, with friends not able to make the leaving Do', plus 2 weekends in Ireland saying goodbye to all my relatives.
Since the idea was first muted 3 years ago, there's been loads of stress, but hopefully it will all have been worth it.
We validated our visa last year, and bought a property, whilst there, in The Gap, Brisbane, thinking we would be back in a few months, but circumstances,(SELLING OUR HOUSE) prevented us leaving until now. Luckily the estate agents who dealt with the sale, have looked after the property, and arranged gardening etc very cheaply. I have also managed to purchase a 4x4 on the net from a local garage, for a very competitive price, and the guy is going to meet us at the airport with the car, which I thought was very good of him!, although I didnt tell him we arrive at 6.40 am, until a few days ago.

I have not been a frequent poster, but have kept up to date with all the goings on over the last 2 years, I would like to thank, everyone for sharing all the vital info, which gave us the confidence to go ahead with our plans. This site provides a magnificent service to all pre and post ex-pats.
I will definatly be a regular poster, when I arrive there and get set up, hopefully to provide a bit of payback.
Any way my stress levels have amazingly subsided, I thought selling the house was bad enough, but organising a leaving party, which was relying on the weather being good,was not a good for a tranquil last 2 weeks here.

My son has got tickets for the Artic monkeys in August, the wife has Robbie in December,so they are happy.

so let the good life begin eh?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:07 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 2 years waiting, only one week to go!

Originally Posted by coventrycelt
Hi, The time to leave is almost upon us, we leave the UK on tuesday, stopping off in Singapore for 4 nights at the Pan Pacific, before arriving in Brisbane on 3rd July.
We had our leaving party on saturday, at my local rugby club, started at 4pm and went on until 3.30 am. I was too busy running around to feel emotional, but it was a beautiful sunny day. We had a great Irish band on, who blasted out Diddle-le de all night. But now I am suffering from alcohol abuse, the last month has been one piss up after another, with friends not able to make the leaving Do', plus 2 weekends in Ireland saying goodbye to all my relatives.
Since the idea was first muted 3 years ago, there's been loads of stress, but hopefully it will all have been worth it.
We validated our visa last year, and bought a property, whilst there, in The Gap, Brisbane, thinking we would be back in a few months, but circumstances,(SELLING OUR HOUSE) prevented us leaving until now. Luckily the estate agents who dealt with the sale, have looked after the property, and arranged gardening etc very cheaply. I have also managed to purchase a 4x4 on the net from a local garage, for a very competitive price, and the guy is going to meet us at the airport with the car, which I thought was very good of him!, although I didnt tell him we arrive at 6.40 am, until a few days ago.

I have not been a frequent poster, but have kept up to date with all the goings on over the last 2 years, I would like to thank, everyone for sharing all the vital info, which gave us the confidence to go ahead with our plans. This site provides a magnificent service to all pre and post ex-pats.
I will definatly be a regular poster, when I arrive there and get set up, hopefully to provide a bit of payback.
Any way my stress levels have amazingly subsided, I thought selling the house was bad enough, but organising a leaving party, which was relying on the weather being good,was not a good for a tranquil last 2 weeks here.

My son has got tickets for the Artic monkeys in August, the wife has Robbie in December,so they are happy.

Best of luck with the move! I hope it is everything you wish for and more!

Jackie
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Best of luck for the move. I hope everything goes OK and you settle in quickly.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

shellyoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck on your new life down under.
Keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Shelly
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Good luck with the move and your new life. Looks like your pretty organised for when you get out there. Wish I was going to see Arctic Monkeys
Nicky x
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:18 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shellyoz
Good Luck on your new life down under.
Keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Shelly
Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wargod
Good luck
Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you the very best of luck and have a good flight
Jo
Old Jun 20th 2006, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Bloody good on 'ya. You have earned this, now enjoy....

Dave