Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

After 17 Mnths Wait I Need Some Reassurence!!!!

After 17 Mnths Wait I Need Some Reassurence!!!!

Old May 9th 2002, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After 17 Mnths Wait I Need Some Reassurence!!!!

Hi all
We have now been waiting 17 months for our PR visa(APPLIED DEC 2000).
The AHC contacted us via our agent at the beg of April asking for new police checks and some additional info regarding my self employment.
We have now visited Brisbane and absolutely love it.
But we still haven't heard anything from them!.
I am now at rock bottom and need a wee bit of moral!
I did phone the AHC regardless of the fact that we have an agent, when we returned from out trip to be told that they have a delay on they're OPENING THE POST!!!!!.
I am going nuts, just waiting and now I'm convinced that they are going to refuse me even though I work and have worked in my profession for 16 years in my asessed skill. I am now going to cry as the stress of it all has just got to me totally!
I just hope that I am lucky enough to post that thread that I have got THE VISA!!!!!!
Feeling sorry for myself
Britbird. :-( :-( :-(
Old May 9th 2002, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: After 17 Mnths Wait I Need Some Reassurence!!!!

Oh Britbird please hang in there you have waited 17 months and we have just done 8 , now we are depressed . But no surely there has to be light now at the end of the tunnel????
Have you had medicals done yet ?? What profession are you in?
Joanne
Old May 9th 2002, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Its me fellow plod, hang in there, from what I understand if you have been assessed as suitable for migration purposes by your assessing authority, then the rest is a formality, the Immigration department rely heavily on that assessment and the evidence you provide otherwise they'd do it all themselves.

Fingers crossed.

Chris.
Old May 10th 2002, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

hanu is an unknown quantity at this point

hugs to u and wait patiently.hope to see your post on getting the Visa soon.
Old May 10th 2002, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also been waiting since Dec2000. My agent called the AHC last week and they said they had not even looked at my application and could not indicate when they would ???. By the look of these threads i think it depends on who answers the phone. I was thinking of calling myself , not sure if i should. Anyway hang on in there as you are not alone, i'm sure we will all hear soon,

Cheers
Jamie.

Last edited by hibee; May 10th 2002 at 7:11 am.
Old May 10th 2002, 11:20 am
Thunder Ace

hanu <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > hugs to u and wait patiently.hope to see your post on getting the Visa soon.

I can't give you assurance but you have my sympathy. I agree that if you have all the
paperwork correct and have a positive assessment, then you will be fine, it's just a
bitch having to wait so long without any feedback. On a positive note, after 17
months you must surely be near the end of the road.

Hang in there.

Old May 10th 2002, 5:13 pm
Dave

Hi Britbird
We applied November 2000 and got asked for some more info early April which we duly sent off in a hurry. Nearly 5 weeks have now passed and we've heard nothing. So you're not alone!!!
We were really encouraged by the tone of the letter we received saying to send the additional info as quickly as we could. We assumed that they were working weekends to start clearing the backlog as our letter was dated on a Saturday.
I haven't been to Oz since I holidayed there 5 years ago and my partner has never been but we are really paranoid, like you, that we'll be turned down or something-even though we know we shouldn't be.
We're keeping some champagne in the fridge for the evening of the day we hear and also some bucks fizz for the morning before my partner goes to work. She has kept working:-) and I have been at home (aka 'paperbag' as we sold up in December) catching up on all those episodes of Bewitched that I missed back in 1967. I'm also going to have to work out how to deal with the transition of moving from UK Neighbours to Aus Neighbours. I hope that they're not too far ahead of us.
I've expected something in the post from AHC every day since last February 2001 and since giving up work last year have been totally in limbo. So that's my excuse for going slightly nutty.
Hang in there and we'll be there soon babe!
Dave xxx

Old May 10th 2002, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Britbird, hang on in there, you will hear something soon I'm sure of it....and I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for all of you that you hear the news everyone is waiting to hear....17months would have sent me do-lally too so I completely sympathise...keep thinking positive!

DAVE, I think Aus neighbours is only a few weeks in front of us now...when I was over there in October I saw some episodes (am so forgetful and crap I can't even remember what it was I saw!!!), anyway, when I got back to UK they were just showing the same stuff I was watching in Aus...so I think they're only about 4/5 weeks in front now....they have a longer break over Christmas than we do, so we have slowly been catching up with them for years....HTH!!

love sophia x
Old May 10th 2002, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Ali J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - we applied in December 2000 for an indep. skilled 136 visa, skilled team 1.

The waiting time went up to 20 months in the New Year and we felt really, really low as our lives have been put on hold for so long. We'd got so tired of people asking us - Have you heard anything yet?! Then, after all the waiting and uncertainty we received our approval letter from London at the beginning of April, after 15 months - completely 'out of the blue'!

Not sure how the teams in London work through applications but we're very thankful ours is through and are looking forward to moving to Perth in June 2002.

Hope this post helps all those that are still waiting, please hang in there, I look forward to reading your posts saying 'We're in!!!'

Ali J
Old May 10th 2002, 5:55 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Britbird,

I also went slightly off the rails this week and phoned AHC even though I have an agent. Nice lady at the other end of the phone but all I got was same info as web page, i.e. currently taking on average 20 months. Not what I wanted to hear (applied June 2001).

Wait is driving me crazy but am holding onto hopes that things will start motoring again on July 1st. Straws grasping etc but this waiting is driving me crazy.

Cheers from another waiting loon.

Nigel db

Old May 10th 2002, 7:22 pm
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank God!!!

So good to know I am not the only one!!

We applied in Feb 2001, so I guess on some of your timelines we are lucky to have heard anything at all. We were asked in the middle of March for Police checks and medicals, which were submitted 2 weeks ago (police checks took ages) I thought it would get better when we started doing things again, but it has got harder.
My husband has got this amazing ability to look on the bright side and assume everything is fine and will come in time. I on the other hand assume all sorts of dreadful things, that something has gone wrong with our application and it is all doom and gloom.

I have started counting down days in my diary, as we were really hoping to go at the end of September, 141 days today!!!

Lets hope all our dreams come true soon

Sarah
Old May 10th 2002, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All
Thanks for all the replys to my self obsessed ranting last night (due to too much Break Creek red!!!)
Still having a hard time but trying to focus on a busy couple of weeks work wise and socially.
Life is just not fair sometimes and I'm not renouned for my patience, but hell - this is teaching me one hard lesson!
Once again - thanks guys. We owe you all a bbq in Brissy!!
Take care all and here's to the waiting game!
Love Britbird XXXXX
Old May 11th 2002, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

colin.helen is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out www.neighbours.com and you can read about what you will miss, so you will be completly up to date when you land in OZ.

Colin will no doubt disown me for revealing the fact that I am a completly dedicated fan!

We have been waiting since 28th February for our skills assessment from ACS. I am nearly mad now!! The thought that we will still have 20 months wait after that is worrying. I really wanted to be in Australia before our daughter Alice starts preschool - in Australia that will be next Feb. It looks like we will be there just in time for our 2 year old son Harry to start instead!

Good luck everyone

Love Helen
Old May 11th 2002, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

iancurtis is an unknown quantity at this point

Helen,

If you get a positive assessment from the ACS, will you not be on the IT fast track ?
Old May 12th 2002, 12:20 am
Jaj

If you'll be applying as an ICT applicant to Adelaide the wait time is currently 3-4
months (not 20), assuming IT fast-track stays in place for the rest of the year.

Jeremy
    >
    >We have been waiting since 28th February for our skills assessment from ACS. I am
    >nearly mad now!! The thought that we will still have 20 months wait after that is
    >worrying. I really wanted to be in Australia before our daughter Alice starts
    >preschool - in Australia that will be next Feb. It looks like we will be there just
    >in time for our 2 year old son Harry to start instead!
    >
    >Good luck everyone
    >
    >Love Helen
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.