Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

After 10.5 months in Australia.......

Wikiposts

After 10.5 months in Australia.......

Old Jul 5th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice
Default Re: After 10.5 months in Australia.......

Whoops just realised you've already had it (interview that is!).

Well done on getting a 2nd.

Good luck again!

Originally Posted by fraser
Just arrived back from the interview and I have another with the branch manager tomorrow, I think there may be 2 or 3 of us and it will be up to him.

It's a 47 hour week for $30k, so if I get it I wont be thrilled but it's a foot on the ladder.

Be interesting to know who I'm up against as I fail to see who could live on that wage who has either a mortgage or has to pay rent.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:13 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with it Fraser but are sure you don't have the pay & hours the wrong way round?

If not thats just over $12 an hour which is a bit of a rip off.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Good luck with it Fraser but are sure you don't have the pay & hours the wrong way round?

If not thats just over $12 an hour which is a bit of a rip off.
Nah 7.30 or 8.00 to 4.30 05 5.00 Monday to Friday and every Saturday which will be every other Saturday after 3 months (hours will drop to 44.5 average) 8.00 - 1.00.

Starting pay in his words no less than $30k, which says to me it wont be more.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:22 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck for tomorrow Fraser. You definitely derserve some good luck. Be keeping fingers crossed for you.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:22 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Billy. You got a job. Well done.
What are you doing?
Old Jul 5th 2006, 10:44 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for tomorrow mate...just remember don't go looking for a left handed shifter!!
Old Jul 5th 2006, 11:00 pm
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light

Nah 7.30 or 8.00 to 4.30 05 5.00 Monday to Friday and every Saturday which will be every other Saturday after 3 months (hours will drop to 44.5 average) 8.00 - 1.00.

First of all Fraser, congrats on getting to the seceond round, However, $30K for 47 hours :scared: :scared: They are taking advantage of you BIG time. Make you think if the sunshine, beaches and BBQ are really worth it.

If I were you I would start looking for a new job as soon as you land this job. Always easier to negotiate higher salary if you already have a job.

Erik the Viking
Old Jul 5th 2006, 11:11 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Fraser.

Just think of it as a stepping stone and once you have the first one all the rest are easier because there is no pressure.

Good Luck...
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Just arrived back from the interview and I have another with the branch manager tomorrow, I think there may be 2 or 3 of us and it will be up to him.

It's a 47 hour week for $30k, so if I get it I wont be thrilled but it's a foot on the ladder.

Be interesting to know who I'm up against as I fail to see who could live on that wage who has either a mortgage or has to pay rent.
My old grandad used to say it's easier to get a job when you've got one. It sounds like bollocks but it's true when you think about it

Good luck with the interview tomorrow. Hope you get it so you can use it as a stepping stone.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, Hope you come out on top.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:39 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

The money may not be good but it gets you your first footing on the ladder.

When you are employed you are more employable to others. I took a badly paid job a few months back, I also took with me from that job as much experience as I could learn, a current reference to put on my CV and regained my confidence back in the workplace.

If you get it Fraser, take it and that will be your stepping stone for something better.

You will gain more confidence and as others have said, more job offers will come your way because you will have that 'all valued Aussie experience'.

Good luck and I hope you get it.

Old Jul 6th 2006, 2:05 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Go get 'em tomorrow Fraser.
Best of luck
Julie. x
Old Jul 6th 2006, 2:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my first proper interview, I applied for a job in big chain plumbers merchants and actually got the reply preferred candidate which was a nice surprise as I've applied for literally hundreds of jobs most without even the courtesy of the "no thanks" reply.

It'll be my first work interview in about 16 years, not even sure what to wear I think smart casual?

Any useful tips?
excellent news mate....will keep me fingers crossed for ya xxxxx
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:32 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck for tomorrow Fraser! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old Jul 6th 2006, 8:09 am
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Fraser. No need to cross my fingers, you're gonna get it. Though I must say, life is hard for you guys... to tie or not to tie... what a dilemma!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.