African Scam!

Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:43 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default African Scam!

I am sure that you are all aware of this type of scam and wouldn't send your details but just in case anyone is not aware of it then I thought I would attach an email I have received which has come through this site.

I have seen this many times in different forms and having working in Consumer Protection have also seen people fall foul of it - some people losing substancial sums of money.

Anyway I just thought I woud warn you all in case you have also received a similar email.

This is a message from judediouf01 at British Expats (
http://britishexpats.com/forum/index.php ). The British Expats owners cannot
accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email judediouf01, you can use this online form:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/sendm...r&userid=43454

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

From Jude Diouf
Avenue 5 Lot 172 Cocody Quarters
Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire
19/09/2005

Good day Dear One,

Greetings and How are you today,I am Jude Diouf 20yrs,I would like you to permit
me to apply through this medium for your co-operation and to secure an
opportunity to invest and do joint relationship and business with you in your
country.

I have a substantial capital I honourably Inherited from my late father late
Chief Edward Diouf who deal in Cocao-coffee platation and share from family
Gold,diamond Minining site.The Epmgigo rebels killed Him recently in poltical
crisis in our country that have resulted to war since this past two years.

I intend to invest this money in profitable areas in your country into a very
lucratives business venture of which you are to advise and execute the said
venture over there for the mutual benefits of both of us .

Most especially is for you to help me come over to your base if possible for You
be able co-operate with me to become my business partner in your country and
create ideas on how money will be invested, properly managed and the type of
investment after the money is transferred to your custody with your assistance.
I inherited this sum from my late father whom the rebels killed because he was
not supporting their selfish intrest to topple the president Gbagbo the
present president.Meanwhile, on indication of your willingness to handle this
transaction sincerely by protecting my Interests and upon your acceptance of
this proposal.I would furnish you with the full detailed information,
procedure, amount involve is below and we shall mutually agree on your
percentage interest or share holding for helping me to secure the release of the
deposit and investing the fund into a lucratives profitable venture in your
care.It is The sum of Three Million,Five Hundred Thousand USD $3.500.000USD I
shall be glad to reserve this respect and opportunity for you, if you so desire,
but do urge you to give the matter your immediate attention it deserves.I want
you to be rest assured that everything is in order and legitimate it was due to
the political crisis in our country that have resulted to war which cause
everybody to find a way to get out the country,
that make's me to use this medium to request for your assistance hoping that you
will not let me down.This money is legitimately acquired by my late father from
sales of cocoa-coffee and diamond dealings.

Looking forward to your prompt response
Thanks and God bless

Jude Diouf.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: African Scam!

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I am sure that you are all aware of this type of scam and wouldn't send your details but just in case anyone is not aware of it then I thought I would attach an email I have received which has come through this site.

I have seen this many times in different forms and having working in Consumer Protection have also seen people fall foul of it - some people losing substancial sums of money.

Anyway I just thought I woud warn you all in case you have also received a similar email.

This is a message from judediouf01 at British Expats (
http://britishexpats.com/forum/index.php ). The British Expats owners cannot
accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email judediouf01, you can use this online form:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/sendm...r&userid=43454

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

From Jude Diouf
Avenue 5 Lot 172 Cocody Quarters
Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire
19/09/2005

Good day Dear One,

Greetings and How are you today,I am Jude Diouf 20yrs,I would like you to permit
me to apply through this medium for your co-operation and to secure an
opportunity to invest and do joint relationship and business with you in your
country.

I have a substantial capital I honourably Inherited from my late father late
Chief Edward Diouf who deal in Cocao-coffee platation and share from family
Gold,diamond Minining site.The Epmgigo rebels killed Him recently in poltical
crisis in our country that have resulted to war since this past two years.

I intend to invest this money in profitable areas in your country into a very
lucratives business venture of which you are to advise and execute the said
venture over there for the mutual benefits of both of us .

Most especially is for you to help me come over to your base if possible for You
be able co-operate with me to become my business partner in your country and
create ideas on how money will be invested, properly managed and the type of
investment after the money is transferred to your custody with your assistance.
I inherited this sum from my late father whom the rebels killed because he was
not supporting their selfish intrest to topple the president Gbagbo the
present president.Meanwhile, on indication of your willingness to handle this
transaction sincerely by protecting my Interests and upon your acceptance of
this proposal.I would furnish you with the full detailed information,
procedure, amount involve is below and we shall mutually agree on your
percentage interest or share holding for helping me to secure the release of the
deposit and investing the fund into a lucratives profitable venture in your
care.It is The sum of Three Million,Five Hundred Thousand USD $3.500.000USD I
shall be glad to reserve this respect and opportunity for you, if you so desire,
but do urge you to give the matter your immediate attention it deserves.I want
you to be rest assured that everything is in order and legitimate it was due to
the political crisis in our country that have resulted to war which cause
everybody to find a way to get out the country,
that make's me to use this medium to request for your assistance hoping that you
will not let me down.This money is legitimately acquired by my late father from
sales of cocoa-coffee and diamond dealings.

Looking forward to your prompt response
Thanks and God bless

Jude Diouf.
These types of email have been doing the rounds for years. Some people have lost a fortune. One guy in Yorkshire has lost his house :scared:. The problem with these emails which mainly come from West Africa is so bad that Scotland Yard have formed a unit to deal with it. Only an idiot would respond to an email like this. I'm getting emails at the moment, supposedly from Ebay asking me for credit card details etc. I've reported them to Ebay but they still keep arriving. W*nkers.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
These types of email have been doing the rounds for years. Some people have lost a fortune. One guy in Yorkshire has lost his house :scared:. The problem with these emails which mainly come from West Africa is so bad that Scotland Yard have formed a unit to deal with it. Only an idiot would respond to an email like this. I'm getting emails at the moment, supposedly from Ebay asking me for credit card details etc. I've reported them to Ebay but they still keep arriving. W*nkers.

Our Money Advice Unit where I used to work, dealt with a lady who lost £750,000! - more money than sense in my opinion but then again I am a sceptic for anything like this (although my husband would say tight!)
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Our Money Advice Unit where I used to work, dealt with a lady who lost £750,000! - more money than sense in my opinion but then again I am a sceptic for anything like this (although my husband would say tight!)
I received an email last week from Lottery Promotions UK saying I had won $5.5 million dollars and all I had to do was confirm my address. A quick web search confirmed it was a known scam. Sent them an email straight back telling them to bugger off.

But here's a question for you and be honest. If you won, say, £1 million pounds, would you still emigrate? I've asked myself the same question and it would be yes, definitely.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:33 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

What great news. How do I contact him?
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

There's a fantastic website http://www.whatsthebloodypoint.com/ where some guy actually responds to these emails (for a laugh) and engages in long correspondences with the scammers. In one case (Scam 3 - one of the best) he actually gets some cash FROM the scammers.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickyc
There's a fantastic website http://www.whatsthebloodypoint.com/ where some guy actually responds to these emails (for a laugh) and engages in long correspondences with the scammers. In one case (Scam 3 - one of the best) he actually gets some cash FROM the scammers.
419eater.com (or something like that) has a section with voice recordings of scammers being "scammed" taken for a ride by a bunch of people who deserve emmys/ oscars for their performances. a girl actually gets the scammers to fall in love with her, getting them to take trips to the airport and the like to meet her and never showing up.

hilarious!!!

Too many scenarios to mention............ check it out.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:17 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

All these scammers play on peoples greed and stupidity, so if you are greedy and stupid you may be taken in by them. Serves people right, if they are fleeced.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:58 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I got the exact same e mail as you Vanessa, only reason it didn't go straight to junk was because they used BE site in the title.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Most convincing hoax I've encountered so far, was just after I'd been browsing for a Plasma/LCD TV, and I mean Just browsing.

I got an Email, from a online site that had been cloned, complete with link to site that looked exactly the same as I had been browsing a couple of days previous. Confirming my order for a tv, telling me about delivery, waiving the delivery costs, and telling me I was about to be deducted 3,500 dollars or thereabouts. (they didn't even ask for my creditcard details)

As I'd been browsing for the TV, I got the shock of my life, and was about to say do not on any circumstances deduct money from such and such an account, I had not placed an order, as I thought someone had been piggybacking on my comp, and had ordered whilst I had been online. Then I realised what was going on. I reported them to everyone I could think off, bank, visa, and the original site. I didn't get one Email back, to say that the matter had been investigated. That was very very crafty.

That one really took the biscuit, as it was a complete clone of site I had been looking at. I actually suspect it was someone to do with the company.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
All these scammers play on peoples greed and stupidity, so if you are greedy and stupid you may be taken in by them. Serves people right, if they are fleeced.

I agree with you to some extent, especially with this one, but I have seen many people taken in by scams and a lot of them elderly who unfortunately trust everyone. I have also been to 'mock auctions' undercover knowing it is a scam and even I could feel my arm going up. Not everyone is led by greed but just a desire to have a little more money or comfortable life. Some people (particularly eldery) have also committed suicide because of this type of scam as they think that they will be perceived as stupid or greedy by their families.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:58 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newkiwi
419eater.com (or something like that) has a section with voice recordings of scammers being "scammed" taken for a ride by a bunch of people who deserve emmys/ oscars for their performances. a girl actually gets the scammers to fall in love with her, getting them to take trips to the airport and the like to meet her and never showing up.

hilarious!!!

Too many scenarios to mention............ check it out.
It is hilarious!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:08 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
It is hilarious!
I posted 419eater in the lounge a few weeks back - for those of who who missed it this is a link to the Trophy room - basically the hall of shame

Last edited by wargod; Sep 21st 2005 at 7:17 am.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:09 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I got one too!
Has anybody actually reported it to the mods?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Karl2c is an unknown quantity at this point

I was pestered for years by a scammer, evidently from the content in the email clearly from South Africa - I normally just deleted it but 2 days later it would appear again from a different address. One day I responded to his request for a telephone number and gave him the most expensive 'hot' telephone number (£5) a minute I could find with instructions for him to ask for Tracy and to hold on until she was found. It worked as he came back and said he was told that she was not there - I did this a few more times and eventually sent him a full screen message saying 'F...f'

These people are parasites and unfortunately burn the elderly and vulnerable, you can also report them to the police at <snip - email address removed>

Last edited by Sue; Feb 3rd 2011 at 11:59 am. Reason: Please don't post someone's email address on a public forum without their permission.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.