AFL Players a Bunch of Pussies

Old Apr 21st 2004, 10:39 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AFL Players a Bunch of Pussies

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2722,00.html

Free kick milkers may face big fines
By Chip Le Grand
April 22, 2004

THE AFL has grown weary of footballers faking injury to win free kicks and is considering the introduction of penalties designed to remove "staging" as a defence at tribunal hearings.

The long-standing practice of players claiming a reportable incident was faked resurfaced this week.

Western Bulldogs captain Luke Darcy told AFL investigators he exaggerated the contact of an apparent low blow from Hawthorn's captain Shane Crawford in last Sunday's match.

This time last year, Port Adelaide's Damien Hardwick told the tribunal he "took a dive -- probably one of the best ever" in a collision with Ben Cousins that left the West Coast captain on report for the first time in his career.

The most notorious example in VFL/AFL history was Carlton ruckman John Nicolls' preliminary final theatrics which resulted in Richmond's Neville Crowe being suspended from the 1967 grand final.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 10:45 pm

Maybe not Klinsman quality stuff but makes you wonder when a prime critiscism of football from Aussies is the diving.

Cmon Oz Tennis
Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ok. One in '67
one last year
one last week..............

Hardly any comparrison in the British soccer. Lets face it during that game one player only has to brush past another and their on the floor weeping like a jessie (whilst sneakily peeking out from under their arm of course)
Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:25 pm

Originally posted by hevs
ok. One in '67
one last year
one last week..............

Hardly any comparrison in the British soccer. Lets face it during that game one player only has to brush past another and their on the floor weeping like a jessie (whilst sneakily peeking out from under their arm of course)
Bunch of Victorian Jessies the lot of em.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I Ment the british soccer!!

But then you knew that anyway. Right
Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:36 pm

Originally posted by hevs
I Ment the british soccer!!

But then you knew that anyway. Right
Yep. We're hard up here.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:28 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by bondipom
Yep. We're hard up here.
You only need to drive down Oxford Street to see that

I'm with Hevs.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:30 am

Originally posted by Bordy
I'm with Hevs.
Does HUP know?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 6:32 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by bondipom
Does HUP know?

Shhhhh Hes to busy taking a dive.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 7:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

at you two
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:21 am
Badge

Agree with Hevs. Having been on the receiving end of a few nasty tackles myself, have to admit, the codes of football played over here are much tougher. No lightweight Beckhams need apply.

BM

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:27 am

Originally posted by badgersmount
Agree with Hevs. Having been on the receiving end of a few nasty tackles myself, have to admit, the codes of football played over here are much tougher. No lightweight Beckhams need apply.

BM

He'd run rings around em. They wouldn't get to touch him.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:34 am
Badge

I wonder..He hasn't got the power to weight ratio of many of the rugby/AFL players.

A shorter, powerful bloke like me might ''run rings'' around taller, bigger men because I have the power, and low centre of gravity, but Beckham probably can't swerve fast enough, or get the leg strength to get the acceleration.

BM

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by badgersmount
I wonder..He hasn't got the power to weight ratio of many of the rugby/AFL players.

A shorter, powerful bloke like me might ''run rings'' around taller, bigger men because I have the power, and low centre of gravity, but Beckham probably can't swerve fast enough, or get the leg strength to get the acceleration.

BM
Ah, but can they bend it like Beckham ????
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:42 am
Badge

Dead Cert they can!!

AFL players use what is called a ''Banana Kick", saw it employed a week or so ago to kick a goal at short range.

Andrew Johns, the Aussie scrum half (Rugby League) uses it in League to great effect. The other winger gets the ball in a bit of space and the defensive slabs going the other way can't get there fast enough.

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.