Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AFL Grand Final 5.30 am Sat 24 Sept Sky Sports 3 (UK)!

AFL Grand Final 5.30 am Sat 24 Sept Sky Sports 3 (UK)!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default AFL Grand Final 5.30 am Sat 24 Sept Sky Sports 3 (UK)!

That's it!

West Coast Eagles vs Sydney Swans

Please, no rugby league, rugby union, soccer etc trolling comments. And yes, I know who won The Ashes (at the 9th or 10th attempt). Yeah, I can guess how this thread will go!

OzTennis
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AFL Grand Final 5.30 am Sat 24 Sept Sky Sports 3 (UK)!

Saturday - 5.30 am

AM

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
Saturday - 5.30 am

AM

Yeah, GMT is 9 hours behind EST and it's live. The highlights are repeated on Sky Sports Extra at 7.00 pm same day.

OzTennis
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:02 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

You can support the Westcoast Eagles or you can support the Westcoast Eagles. Guess you could support the runners up, but why?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I dont follow aussie rules, much to my chagrin, I've never been able to take to it.

However, I always go to a grand final do, for the social side of the day. Tomorrow, I'll be at a greek born, workmates house, in epping Melbourne. Having a go at his spit roast souvlaki, along with about 30 other people from work.

Bonus of this is. the greeks dont drink a lot of beer, it's 10 bucks per head, and us Aussies and poms, get to drink copious amounts of beer, much to the amazement of our ethnic hosts.

Best time I ever had, at one of these grand final bbq do's with the tv outside, and everyone getting stonkered, was when the adelaide crows kept winning the finals, against the vic clubs, I made an absolute killing on bets, as no self respecting vic, would every back a crow eating team.

Errr whos playing tomorrow ?? lol
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:33 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
You can support the Westcoast Eagles or you can support the Westcoast Eagles. Guess you could support the runners up, but why?
Sadly, most Vics have switched off.

Our first wish is to see our side win. Failing that we like to see traditional rivals get into the GF, only to lose by 1 point, preferably in dubious circumstances, to a side who we don't have any serious tribal differences with.

For Aussie viewers who don't seriously support either side I suggest you turn the volume off on the TV & listen to the Triple J coverage on the radio(it streams too )...massive pisstake

As for my prediction my brain says WCE, but my heart is with the Bloods.......hope its a kick-arse game
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/n...982215261.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/afl/in...982212326.html

OzTennis
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:34 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

go the SWANS........
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Most exciting Grand final Ive seen since coming to Aus.

Well done Swans, sorry Brian the weagles bottled it in the minor & major premierships, I'm sure they will be back though.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Damn, did I miss it??

Must change that alarm clock!!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:05 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzTennis
That's it!

West Coast Eagles vs Sydney Swans

Please, no rugby league, rugby union, soccer etc trolling comments. And yes, I know who won The Ashes (at the 9th or 10th attempt). Yeah, I can guess how this thread will go!

OzTennis
Just finished watching it. Whew - what a game!! Excitement right up until the last moment.

I'm hooked now, all set for next season

Anya.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:13 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I was up early this morning so watched most of it (when Sky didn't keep losing the reception).

I enjoyed but wish I knew the rules and how the scoring is done?
Old Sep 24th 2005, 8:47 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Just finished watching it. Whew - what a game!! Excitement right up until the last moment.

I'm hooked now, all set for next season

Anya.
You have to be a bulldogs supporter, am I right???
Old Sep 24th 2005, 10:30 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
You have to be a bulldogs supporter, am I right???
No - the Cats!

(but only on the premise that I drove past their ground once when they were practising & saw them, and they were, um, ahem, an exceptionally fit and presentable looking group of young men )

The BE ladies & gay men yet to move over to VIC have a treat in store, that's for sure....

Anya.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Well!!!!!!!

This was our first ever AFL game and what a game!!!!!! Went to watch it in the Crown Sports bar......amazing atmosphere and people were so nice.. ...explaining the game a bit

Well done the Swanies!!!!!

The only thing was people asking who we back.......to which we replied no one yet as we are new !!!!!

Lots of essendon supporters though!!

Come on then guys sell me your teams!!!

Can't wait till the season starts again..........when is that?

Roni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.