British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   AFL Finals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/afl-finals-323753/)

Siren & Brian Sep 2nd 2005 8:24 am

AFL Finals

Eagles v Sydney
Adelaide v Saint Kilda
Melbourne v Geelong
Kangaroos v Port Adelaide

I can smell it in the air. :beer: :beer:

Eagles, Adelaide, Melbourne and the Roos for me.

renth Sep 2nd 2005 8:25 am

Re: AFL Finals

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Eagles v Sydney
Adelaide v Saint Kilda
Melbourne v Geelong

Carn the Eagles!

walla Sep 2nd 2005 8:57 am

Originally Posted by renth
Carn the Eagles!

Eagles, we'll hammer the Swans later.

webgum Sep 2nd 2005 8:58 am

As a Dockers fan, I say

GO THE SWANS!!!

Siren & Brian Sep 2nd 2005 9:09 am

Originally Posted by webgum
As a Dockers fan, I say

GO THE SWANS!!!

Thats a true West Australian for ya.

wmoore Sep 2nd 2005 9:19 am

Eagles v Sydney
Adelaide v Saint Kilda
Melbourne v Geelong

Sydney, St Kilda, Melbourne Kangaroos :p

walla Sep 2nd 2005 9:27 am

Thats a true West Australian for ya.

I've heard a lot of this on talk radio the past couple of days, you know all West Australians getting behind the Eagles, even Docker supporters and I think it's a load of crap :D

It's like me, a Newcastle supporter, wanting Sunderland to win the final of the Champions league just because they are British (not that would ever get a sniff mind you)

I don't think so....

wmoore Sep 2nd 2005 9:30 am

Originally Posted by walla1
I've heard a lot of this on talk radio the past couple of days, you know all West Australians getting behind the Eagles, even Docker supporters and I think it's a load of crap :D

It's like me, a Newcastle supporter, wanting Sunderland to win the final of the Champions league just because they are British (not that would ever get a sniff mind you)

I don't think so....

True.

OzTennis Sep 2nd 2005 9:40 am

I don't think so....

Therein lies a difference between the nations perhaps?

Why not support another team from your state against a team from another state or a team from just down the road against another from far away? That's what I just don't understand here - as long as you win the derby match or your rivals win nothing, all else doesn't seem to matter??

Ah Eagles, Adelaide, Geelong and Port. Wait a minute, I'm Victorian, I couldn't possibly predict 3 interstate teams to win. :D

OzTennis :)

walla Sep 2nd 2005 9:41 am

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Therein lies a difference between the nations perhaps?

possibly..

OzTennis Sep 2nd 2005 9:50 am

possibly..

Definitely, well probably! An example. I go to watch Gretna who ply their trade in the Scottish 2nd Division (Premier League in 2 years!) and when they give the half time scores an almighty roar goes up if Queen of the South (from nearby Dumfries) are losing! I asked the guys around me why they are cheering and the most intelligible reply I got was we don't want those effen b's winning. But on Saturday the 2 sets of supporters will be united against those effen b Italians. :confused:

gogdownunder Sep 2nd 2005 10:18 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
True.

Definitely! No Essendon supporter could ever support Collingwood, Carlton, Footscray, Hawthorn or North Melbourne in any circumstances........it's a tribal & historic issue

mr mover Sep 2nd 2005 10:19 am

After 30years of watching Aussie rules ,Finals footy is a whole new ballgame , you watch which team champions get TAKEN out early. The tactic,s change, keep an eye on the early minutes :D .........mm :beer:

wmoore Sep 2nd 2005 10:20 am

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Definitely! No Essendon supporter could ever support Collingwood, Carlton, Footscray, Hawthorn or North Melbourne in any circumstances........it's a tribal & historic issue

Even Footscray?

walla Sep 2nd 2005 10:23 am

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Definitely, well probably! An example. I go to watch Gretna who ply their trade in the Scottish 2nd Division (Premier League in 2 years!) and when they give the half time scores an almighty roar goes up if Queen of the South (from nearby Dumfries) are losing! I asked the guys around me why they are cheering and the most intelligible reply I got was we don't want those effen b's winning. But on Saturday the 2 sets of supporters will be united against those effen b Italians. :confused:

and they all come together when England play.