Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advise on what way to see Brisbane and cairns

advise on what way to see Brisbane and cairns

Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

qwertyuiop will become famous soon enoughqwertyuiop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: advise on what way to see Brisbane and cairns

Bear in mind that there are school holidays towards the end of march so of course everything automatically gets more expensive:curse:...... not quite sure what date they start....possibly 20th or thereabouts. You have to visit the croc farm in Cairns....kids will luv the show they put on.Goood luck
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I take it the kids are all under 12? Cresta57 lives close to Tin Can Bay. PM him and ask about the Dolphins.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Bear in mind that there are school holidays towards the end of march so of course everything automatically gets more expensive:curse:...... not quite sure what date they start....possibly 20th or thereabouts. You have to visit the croc farm in Cairns....kids will luv the show they put on.Goood luck
Damn!! ......yep I though it was best to go when the kids were off on easter as then we can go for longer, as I would get my back side smacked for taking them out of school more than 10 days in term time, so I guess we will suffer one way or another, looks like we will be stung if things go up!

croc farm sounds fun
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I take it the kids are all under 12? Cresta57 lives close to Tin Can Bay. PM him and ask about the Dolphins.
will do thanks
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:49 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wewantoz
Damn!! ......yep I though it was best to go when the kids were off on easter as then we can go for longer, as I would get my back side smacked for taking them out of school more than 10 days in term time, so I guess we will suffer one way or another, looks like we will be stung if things go up!

croc farm sounds fun
theres no school holidays in March only Easter weekend 21st to 24th
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

qwertyuiop will become famous soon enoughqwertyuiop will become famous soon enough

Let me rephrase that.... Bear in mind that easter is towards the end of march when traditionally every man and his dog takes holidays so of course everything automatically gets more expensive and the greedy travel agencies suddenly lose all interest in happy hours, blue specials, last minute deals etcetra etcetra...You have to visit the bungy jump.....awesome setting.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

These cover just about all of it.....

http://www.cairnsattractions.com/

http://www.cairnsconnect.com/
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Halo has a spectacular aura aboutHalo has a spectacular aura aboutHalo has a spectacular aura about

If you haven't booked your flights to Oz yet, some Cathay Pacific flights offer free stopovers in Cairns en route to Brisbane, or vice versa. Might be worth looking into this with Travelmood or Trailfinders.

Port Douglas (an hour's drive north of Cairns) is nicer to stay in then Cairns itself. Either way you will I think be in the Stinger season in March.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by biggy
theres no school holidays in March only Easter weekend 21st to 24th
Ah right , here they are off from the 20th to the 7th april , so i thought if we come back the 17th they miss prob 7 taking the weekends off
so there it is only 3 days then .
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Halo
If you haven't booked your flights to Oz yet, some Cathay Pacific flights offer free stopovers in Cairns en route to Brisbane, or vice versa. Might be worth looking into this with Travelmood or Trailfinders.

Port Douglas (an hour's drive north of Cairns) is nicer to stay in then Cairns itself. Either way you will I think be in the Stinger season in March.
I think we will arrive in oz on the 26th March and be there until the 14th of april will the prices go down in april time ?

Thats interesting about cathay I will defo look into trail finders and travelmood

thanks
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
Thanks for the sites they have been helpful.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Let me rephrase that.... Bear in mind that easter is towards the end of march when traditionally every man and his dog takes holidays so of course everything automatically gets more expensive and the greedy travel agencies suddenly lose all interest in happy hours, blue specials, last minute deals etcetra etcetra...You have to visit the bungy jump.....awesome setting.
Thanks,
so you live in mudgeeraba we have been looking at property on the net thinking of settling there whats it like ? seems to be near robina and bonogin what from your experience are these areas like ? Ta
Old Oct 12th 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks,
so you live in mudgeeraba we have been looking at property on the net thinking of settling there whats it like ? seems to be near robina and bonogin what from your experience are these areas like ? Ta
Mudgeeraba ia a large suburb between the M1 motorway and the hinterland. The village of Mudgeeraba is as quaint as they come with a preservation order on the village center and green.Theres a large shopping center with Coles and Woolies and some smaller shops.Aldi are about to build at the North end of the village.Theres some restaurants and takeaways etc and two pubs. The Wallaby pub have live music on the weekends and the place is absolutely humming by 7pm. Theres two primary schools but no High School though Sommerset collage, St Catherines, Robina and Varsity high schools are all within ten minutes.
There is a tennis club, soccer club, hockey club, rugby league, netball, cricket, baseball, scouts, brownies, pony club and probably many more in the immediate vicinity of the village. The Mudgeeraba showgrounds is just outside the village (across the road from us) and theres something on there most weekends. Theres a youth center near the showgrounds run by a church of some denomination or other but all are welcome and my two daughters think its fantastic...every friday night.
The village is about 15 minutes drive east to the beach and maybe 20-30 minutes to surfers depending on the traffic. Theres panoramic views of the coast about ten minutes to the west. The M1 Motorway is adjacant to the village.
Properties are available to all tastes with a mix of acerage and town blocks everywhere. Prices for a freestanding three bedroom start in the high 300k's. Acerage in the mid 600k's
We thouroughly enjoy living in the area as do the kids.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

I think we will arrive in oz on the 26th March and be there until the 14th of april will the prices go down in april time ?

Thats interesting about cathay I will defo look into trail finders and travelmood

thanks
Yep... they go down after the school holidays......the15th
Old Oct 12th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mudgeeraba ia a large suburb between the M1 motorway and the hinterland. The village of Mudgeeraba is as quaint as they come with a preservation order on the village center and green.Theres a large shopping center with Coles and Woolies and some smaller shops.Aldi are about to build at the North end of the village.Theres some restaurants and takeaways etc and two pubs. The Wallaby pub have live music on the weekends and the place is absolutely humming by 7pm. Theres two primary schools but no High School though Sommerset collage, St Catherines, Robina and Varsity high schools are all within ten minutes.
There is a tennis club, soccer club, hockey club, rugby league, netball, cricket, baseball, scouts, brownies, pony club and probably many more in the immediate vicinity of the village. The Mudgeeraba showgrounds is just outside the village (across the road from us) and theres something on there most weekends. Theres a youth center near the showgrounds run by a church of some denomination or other but all are welcome and my two daughters think its fantastic...every friday night.
The village is about 15 minutes drive east to the beach and maybe 20-30 minutes to surfers depending on the traffic. Theres panoramic views of the coast about ten minutes to the west. The M1 Motorway is adjacant to the village.
Properties are available to all tastes with a mix of acerage and town blocks everywhere. Prices for a freestanding three bedroom start in the high 300k's. Acerage in the mid 600k's
We thouroughly enjoy living in the area as do the kids.
Hope this helps.
sold !!!!...we would like to see this area will def come to have a good look in march

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.