Reload this Page >

Advise please anyone?

Advise please anyone?

Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:21 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Advise please anyone?

Hiya

I need some advice an was wondering who could help?

My husband has been offered a job in Melbourne, the pay is a basic minimum of $1260p.w or $65,520p.a ?
Is this a good rate of pay for Melbourne?

And not knowing how the tax etc is calculated over there what sort of net pay would this work out to be?

The company aren't offering us a relocation package an at the moment we're leaning more toward renting our house for the 3yrs min the co. is asking us to be out there? An if it works out then selling our house ??? Possibly renting out there for 3 yrs too ?

help Advise please

Also does anyone know what Point Cook is like to live in ? what the schools are like etc???? Or can you reccomend other areas around Melbourne to live in ????

Jen
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:26 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise please anyone?

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hiya

My husband has been offered a job in Melbourne, the pay is a basic minimum of $1260p.w or $65,520p.a ?

And not knowing how the tax etc is calculated over there what sort of net pay would this work out to be?

The company aren't offering us a relocation package an at the moment we're leaning more toward renting our house for the 3yrs min the co. is asking us to be out there? An if it works out then selling our house ??? Possibly renting out there for 3 yrs too ?

help Advise please

Also does anyone know what Point Cook is like to live in ? what the schools are like etc???? Or can you reccomend other areas around Melbourne to live in ????

Jen
Sorry, not able to give much advice but I'm soooo soooo jealous. We're just waiting on that elusive job offer so that Vic will grant us our STNI. Don't care where or for how much, someone please Geez A Job .

Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Hiya

help Advise please

Jen
may or may not help??

http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...Id=AlphaSearch
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

Hiya

help Advise please

Jen
the wage looks quite ok to start with, we have worked out that you relay need to take your UK wage ( or house hold income) and double it.thats providing you still have a mortgage or rent to pay etc.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Thanks Jon Jon, it seems to be a pretty good wage, that is for afternoon shift but he's leaning toward night shift which would be $70980p.a???

So i guess lookin better? An then with overtime ontop?

Whats an STNI ????? Herrchook????
Confused.com?

All advise gratefully received....?

If we're renting our house out would you buy over there or rent?
Do rent houses allow pets indoors as we haev a GSD an cat we want to take over?

Jen
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Paka

The standard of living is supposed to be better over there? So we were told by the company that a basic salary equal to that of what he earns here is unrealistic...?
Yet with overtime could be slightly more than he earns here?

Jen
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:59 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jon Jon, it seems to be a pretty good wage, that is for afternoon shift but he's leaning toward night shift which would be $70980p.a???

So i guess lookin better? An then with overtime ontop?

Whats an STNI ????? Herrchook????
Confused.com?

All advise gratefully received....?

If we're renting our house out would you buy over there or rent?
Do rent houses allow pets indoors as we haev a GSD an cat we want to take over?

Jen
STNI is a state sponsored visa. Victoria are looking for peeps with my OH's experience but not unless they have a job offer as well. Is your job offer a transfer?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by herrchook
STNI is a state sponsored visa. Victoria are looking for peeps with my OH's experience but not unless they have a job offer as well. Is your job offer a transfer?
No the job offer is not a transfer?
The comapny he currently works for here iin the UK has been badly managed an is in danger of going down the pan.
He found this job in print week I think ? an applied in teh off chance, apparently they wern't lookin to employ an engineer but his qualifications an experience were that good they have made a position for him there?

What does your husband do ????
Do you have kids..? How old?
would you be working over there?
what area are you lookin at or does it depend where you get a job ?

Sorry feel like i may aswell be shining a torch in your face

Jen
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:06 am
ABCDiamond

Hiya

Tax on $65,520 = $16,730.40 + $982.80 Medicare Levy (like NIC)

$65,520 is about 23% higher than the national average wage, which if you compare to the UK average wage + 23% would be something like equivalent to £27,500.

How does that compare to your current UK situation ?

Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

Paka

The standard of living is supposed to be better over there? So we were told by the company that a basic salary equal to that of what he earns here is unrealistic...?
Yet with overtime could be slightly more than he earns here?

Jen
Yes the standard of living is better, if your household income is £30.000 , then in oz you would be looking at needing $60.000, that is if you have a mortgage to pay and a car on h.p and two children in school etc.you just get more for your money,ie the house will be bigger, the car will be bigger and in most cases the schools will be better,
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Tax on $65,520 = $16,730.40 + $982.80 Medicare Levy (like NIC)

$65,520 is about 23% higher than the national average wage, which if you compare to the UK average wage + 23% would be something like equivalent to £27,500.

How does that compare to your current UK situation ?
well he earns slightly more than that here......
However If he worked 4 nights a week it would be at the higher rate of $70,980 ? an with overtime he could earn possibly $20 - 30,000????

But havin been told by numerous ppl that alot of things are less expensive over there an the cost of living is less how does that compare? Cause petrol etc is expensive here an house prices ? Yet over there seem better?
I'm sooo confused ????? lol

Jen
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:44 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have kids, cos you may be entitled to family tax benefits.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

well he earns slightly more than that here......
However If he worked 4 nights a week it would be at the higher rate of $70,980 ? an with overtime he could earn possibly $20 - 30,000????

But havin been told by numerous ppl that alot of things are less expensive over there an the cost of living is less how does that compare? Cause petrol etc is expensive here an house prices ? Yet over there seem better?
I'm sooo confused ????? lol

Jen
It depends on your personal life style, yes petrol is less expensive, but you drive more so it can work out equal, house prices are also not that much different now , again it depends on wot you are looking for , ie most nice 4 bed can be anything up to $500.000, and your food shopping may be less expensive, but shampoo , make up, etc is more expensive, and then you have to pay for school fees, and medical care, and if you have a pool you have the up keep of that,
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:57 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paka
but you drive more so it can work out equal,
I disagree with that.

Some people may drive more, but not everyone, and some facts on this are:

Australian passenger vehicles each travelled an average of 13,850 kilometres in the 12 months ended 31 October 2004 www.abs.gov.au

UK: 24 June 2005 The AA The average mileage of a typical privately-owned car is 8,700 miles. (14,000kms) http://www.aatrust.com/

I know that some people will say that they drive more in Australia, and therefore everyone must do the same. (This has been said before), However, I don't But then, I drive below average, and they drive above average. But it appears that the average is about the same, in both countries

Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Advise please anyone?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I disagree with that.

Some people may drive more, but not everyone, and some facts on this are:

Australian passenger vehicles each travelled an average of 13,850 kilometres in the 12 months ended 31 October 2004 www.abs.gov.au

UK: 24 June 2005 The AA The average mileage of a typical privately-owned car is 8,700 miles. (14,000kms) http://www.aatrust.com/

I know that some people will say that they drive more in Australia, and therefore everyone must do the same. (This has been said before), However, I don't But then, I drive below average, and they drive above average. But it appears that the average is about the same, in both countries
ok , but i think i would be in the above average, at least for the first 6 mths,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.