Advise Please

Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

russell deane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise Please

WE have now had our medical requests so things are finally moving. We have had removal companies round to quote for shipment of our stuff but unshore who to go with.

We have narrowed it down to three.

Pickfords
PSS
Bishops move.

Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys Russell & Sarah
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had Pickfords and Bishops move visit and quote, first impressions of Pickfords were not good, very unprofessional person that visited.

Bishops move were another thing altogether, did their homework, sent us a personalised portfolio and itinery the next day. They were also very understanding when our sale fell through. Definitely recommended.

Phil.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks philj6969.

We have had most of them round and Bishops were one of the best. We have also been told that pickfords are really good and also PSS.

Just can't decide

Russell & Sarah
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by russell deane
Thanks philj6969.

We have had most of them round and Bishops were one of the best. We have also been told that pickfords are really good and also PSS.

Just can't decide

Russell & Sarah
We decided on Pickfords in the end because they quoted the cheapest price per cu ft.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default PSS

Couldn't fault them from start to finish. They were brilliant.

Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default Re: PSS

Originally posted by whisky
Couldn't fault them from start to finish. They were brilliant.

Whisky
Whilst on the subject of shipping. Anybody shipp anything electrical without the original box ? EG TV. My tv is a big widescreen affair but the original box sort of gets destroyed when you unpack it so nothing to put it in. Do the removal people pack up well ? Anybody any experience ?

Cheers !!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

pss pick all our stuff up next week will tell you all about it then

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSS

Originally posted by Innyjim
Whilst on the subject of shipping. Anybody shipp anything electrical without the original box ? EG TV. My tv is a big widescreen affair but the original box sort of gets destroyed when you unpack it so nothing to put it in. Do the removal people pack up well ? Anybody any experience ?

Cheers !!

i do believe they have their own boxes to box everything up, they have to do it all themselves as they are insuring it

any breakages means that they are responsible

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is packed and wrapped in paper and sealed.
Very impressive.

Its like unwrapping hundrds of Christmas presents at the other end, and they even collect the paper and cases when you are ready.

Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, they pack everything. All you need to do is make sure that the kettle is on boil and sit back. The one time that you can relax.

Everything must be clean and ready for packing though when they get there.

Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Yes, they pack everything. All you need to do is make sure that the kettle is on boil and sit back. The one time that you can relax.

Everything must be clean and ready for packing though when they get there.

Whisky
Now then, packing up day. My bro moved to NZ a couple of years ago and he used Bishops. He tipped the two removal men £30 each BEFORE they started. He said they couldn't do enough for him, nothing too much trouble etc......
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

I tell you that PSS were brilliant, and yes, we gave them a tip for a drink on the way home after the work was done, and I even made them sandwiches etc.
They worked really hard to get everything packed and ready for when the container came, and again when loading it all on.

Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I tell you that PSS were brilliant, and yes, we gave them a tip for a drink on the way home after the work was done, and I even made them sandwiches etc.
They worked really hard to get everything packed and ready for when the container came, and again when loading it all on.

Whisky
PSS eh ? Okay thanks for the info.

Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

I think that PSS have won the day.

I just hope that my garden knomes do not get broken.
I think they will go down a treat in Australia

All the best Russell & Sarah
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Called PSS today. Said they would only come out between 9-5 Mon to Fri. No use if you work is it. Bishops and Allied Pickfords happy to come out in the evening

An there was me thinking I was the customer.....!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.