Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

It is good to listen to those that have trampled the rocky roads that awaits yourself?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=209743&pp=15
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:13 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from those that have the Oz T shirt

Originally Posted by eatstatic
It is good to listen to those that have trampled the rocky roads that awaits yourself?

And your point is??
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
And your point is??
The point is in the thread title, experience far surpasses the imagined.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Scrolling through a couple of the posts on that thread, it was good to see that Mike Stanton has made some sensible, thoughtful posts on here once over but you...........

Tracey
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

That was the experience of a few, at least they gave it a go. Let others do the same.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:20 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm - nope sorry still can`t see what you`re trying to prove (yes I know I must be thick) perhaps with your obviously superior intellect you can explain what your point is and what you`re trying to prove??
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:30 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

If you actually had something constructive to say I'm sure people would listen ... as it stands, your point is ?????
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
If you actually had something constructive to say I'm sure people would listen ... as it stands, your point is ?????
The thing is, some people think that what they say goes. They feel because they have done it themselves and perhaps didn't like it, they have to tell other people not to go there and not to look forward to it. People are supposed to say "whoa, he didn't like Aus, I had better not try it"

What I find hard to understand is that if those people had been told the same before they went would they have taken any notice or would they have said "sod it, will give it a go anyway, my life"
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:45 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The thing is, some people think that what they say goes. They feel because they have done it themselves and perhaps didn't like it, they have to tell other people not to go there and not to look forward to it. People are supposed to say "whoa, he didn't like Aus, I had better not try it"

What I find hard to understand is that if those people had been told the same before they went would they have taken any notice or would they have said "sod it, will give it a go anyway, my life"
I couldn't agree more.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:15 pm
Im a woomaaan

At the end of the day I wouldn`t slag anyone off for going to Oz giving it a try and then admitting they`d made a mistake for whatever reason. Especially when they take the time to write on BE what their experiences were, however I feel that Eastatic is trying to have a go at Merlot because she went to Oz tried didn`t like it came back to Uk then decided she did like Oz. Big bloody deal - she doesn`t have to explain and justify her feelings or motives to anyone.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:20 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day I wouldn`t slag anyone off for going to Oz giving it a try and then admitting they`d made a mistake for whatever reason. Especially when they take the time to write on BE what their experiences were, however I feel that Eastatic is trying to have a go at Merlot because she went to Oz tried didn`t like it came back to Uk then decided she did like Oz. Big bloody deal - she doesn`t have to explain and justify her feelings or motives to anyone.
he might have a problem with me as well then. except i went one step further, decided to return again to oz after 3 years being back and then decided to stay put in my little town (?) of welling kent.

I know a woman has the right to change her mind but jeeezzzzz i must drive my family up the wall
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:22 pm
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by louise4
he might have a problem with me as well then. except i went one step further, decided to return again to oz after 3 years being back and then decided to stay put in my little town (?) of welling kent.

I know a woman has the right to change her mind but jeeezzzzz i must drive my family up the wall
OMG woman!!Stand still while I slap you - you obviously have masochistic tendancies!!!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:24 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG woman!!Stand still while I slap you - you obviously have masochistic tendancies!!!
:scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately he is one of those that doesn't actually READ what people write before answering back. What she has always said was that she came back to family to mend fences. She loves Aus and has never said otherwise.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:34 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Hey hey hey...

I see my old thread as topic of conversation!

Everyone is different and those waiting and planning to go to OZ, then good luck to you.

What you have to try and remember though is that there is no utopia and Oz certainly isn't anywhere near being paradise. Some love it, some hate it and some like me just didnt want to be there forever.

What isn't good though is slagging of the UK and burning bridges when some of you 'will' be coming back for whatever reason.
I know its hard, when the immagration bug plants its seed inside your head there is nothing else to do other than breath, eat and sleep plans of moving to OZ -
but ....
give yourself a minute....take a deep breath, love the place you're leaving and appreciate what it has because for those who have returned will know what I mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.