Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on studying in Australia

Advice on studying in Australia

Old Feb 20th 2014, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Nyaradz0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on studying in Australia

well l have a niece in australia and is asissting me with looking for uni that can enrol me there.

My worry is when l finished my a level in 1999 l never got the chance to go to uni or college because of family issues.so now l want to study social work in australia as an undergraduate student and l have four points in my A level results, l wrote the ielts and l have 6.5 , wat are my chances of getting a place there?
Old Feb 20th 2014, 12:03 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on studying in australia

Hi. The welcome inn is just for introductions and you introduced before. As your query is country specific, I'll shift it over to the Australia section. You may wish to post in there in the future.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: advice on studying in australia

Check here for the Australian embassy in Harare, with details where to apply for the student visa.

The Visa will be processed in Pretoria, South Africa. If you had done this a few years ago it would have been very easy (upto a few years ago Zimbabweans used to have it easy to get a visa to Australia/UK).

Bear in mind that you will need evidence of financial support - for a normal undergraduate course you will be looking at least $75,000 in a bank account for six months, with the balance available for the last three. Granted you have finances you need to pass the medicals, age should not be an issue. Fees would on average be $20,000 a year and living expenses for a year are assessed as $18,000. Read on requirements here

You mention you have friends in Australia - check if they would be willing to guarantee your Visa application, it is not easy to have that amount of cash in your part of the world. Check out international education agents in Harare or South Africa, they are in a better position to help with requirements. Their fees are small, about $150 because they get paid by the unis they recruit for.

Are you studying social work with an ultimate plan of migration or is it a career you wish to pursue?

Good luck.

Last edited by JOE2010; Feb 20th 2014 at 2:12 pm.