Reload this Page >

Advice on sending medicals to Australia

Advice on sending medicals to Australia

Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default Advice on sending medicals to Australia

Can anyone offer us some advice please?

I am a nurse and am currently awaiting return of the modified assessment from ANCI, which was sent off on 28th June.

We have our medicals booked for 17th August.

Now as we can’t send off our visa application to Adelaide until I get ANCI assessment back, I am wondering what we should do with the medical forms once completed.

Should we:
1. Ask doctors to return to us so that we can post everything to Adelaide together?
2. Ask doctors to send to Australia prior to the main application?

If we follow option 2, am I right in thinking that for post July 1st applications medical forms are sent to Sydney not Adelaide?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on sending medicals to Australia

Originally Posted by primrose
Can anyone offer us some advice please?

I am a nurse and am currently awaiting return of the modified assessment from ANCI, which was sent off on 28th June.

We have our medicals booked for 17th August.

Now as we can’t send off our visa application to Adelaide until I get ANCI assessment back, I am wondering what we should do with the medical forms once completed.

Should we:
1. Ask doctors to return to us so that we can post everything to Adelaide together?
2. Ask doctors to send to Australia prior to the main application?

If we follow option 2, am I right in thinking that for post July 1st applications medical forms are sent to Sydney not Adelaide?

Any advice appreciated.
hi there,
the medicals get sent to
Local Clearance Unit
DIMIA
Level 6
The Gateway Building
29 Lee Street
Sydney 2000

I might ask DR to give you the medicals and post when you send the visa application, it would keep everything together.Also on the medical & xray form the is a bit for your file number to go. But i should think you should have skills assessment back by the time you go for medicals. Have you got confirmation from ANCI?, they give you a date that assessment will be ready. for my assessment the date they quoted was the exact date it arrived. posted modified assessment (midwife) 30/4/04 and got back 16/6/04. I waiting for medical to be sent to me, hopefully this week. the Dr i saw in glasgow does this, prob to save her money!!(still don't see how they can justify £140 for the whole 15mins i was in there!) Anyway, my Visa application is already away. You don't happen to know this, i want to try and confirm this before i send them off. ( tried to post a thread but nobody repiled) Do the police checks get sent to Adelaide, the GPO box address?
all the best with your application
carol
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Carol,

I have had no written acknowledgement from the ANCI, other than when I emailed them about something else, they said I should have a reply by the 17th Aug, so will have to see.
Thanks for the Sydney address.

As to your question about police checks, it depends on how you are sending them, it goes to one address if sending via post and the other if sending via courier.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Quick update,

Received an email this morning from ANCI, which says "the letter of determination" was posted on Friday last week.

Therefore (postal services permitting) I should have the asessment back before the results of the medicals are ready.

Assuming the assessment is positive, any advice on whether docs should post direct to Aus or return to me?
Old Aug 17th 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Quick update,

Received an email this morning from ANCI, which says "the letter of determination" was posted on Friday last week.

Therefore (postal services permitting) I should have the asessment back before the results of the medicals are ready.

Assuming the assessment is positive, any advice on whether docs should post direct to Aus or return to me?
Hi Primrose, That's good news. I'd say you will definatly get your 'Positve' skills assessment back in plenty time. most of the threads i've have read said that the DR should send medicals direct to DIMIA and when you read medical form 26, it says on the 'note to medical examiner' that this should also be done. As far as i'm aware this generally happens.I would contact the Dr that you have to go to and ask which way they do this.
The DR in Glasgow that I had to go to, for some reason only sends medicals direct if the person concerned is a DR themselves, otherwise she gives them back for the person to send back. Don't know why she does this, I'm convinced it's to save her money, means she doesn't have to pay a courier!

Either way you do this you are going to be posting your visa application soon Yeh! and if your DR wants to send them just make sure you put on your cover letter with the application to say that the medicals have been done and when they were posted. mmm... also if Doc does send them, you can post visa the minute your Skills assessment is back!
Carol
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Carol,

Had meds done this afternoon, and are now £490 lighter in pocket!

They will only send the results direct to Adelaide, so we will have to put a note in as you say to tell DIMIA that they are being sent direct from the docs.

As you say I can now post off the visa application as soon as the ANCI documents arrive (hopefully this week)

When did you send your visa application?

Primrose
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Carol,

Had meds done this afternoon, and are now £490 lighter in pocket!

They will only send the results direct to Adelaide, so we will have to put a note in as you say to tell DIMIA that they are being sent direct from the docs.

As you say I can now post off the visa application as soon as the ANCI documents arrive (hopefully this week)

When did you send your visa application?

Primrose
on the 14th july, (Royal mail). 8 days later my credit card was charged by the DIMIA. i recieved my file no. and requested to send police checks & meds 11th aug. I should have meds back this week and i will send to Oz with DHL courier, going to post police checks tomorrow ( i'm keeping the faith and going to sent Royal mail!!)

Oh! £490, harsh! i take it, it's not just you on application?
When you hoping to go?
Carol
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

There's me the hubby and 2 children, 3 of us had xrays and 2 had bloods. They said they would post the meds to Adelaide probably early next week if everything was OK with blood results.
Hopefully won't be too long before you hear back from DIMIA once you have sent your medicals, I see that some post July applicants have got their visa within 3 weeks. There seem to be quite a few nurses waiting for visa's though, (there is a separate thread in the nurses section) and there have been no recent posts to say they have "got it".
The house is on the market from tomorrow, we are still hoping to be out in Adelaide before Xmas, but I am not holding my breath.