Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on renting out house in North Lakes - please?

Advice on renting out house in North Lakes - please?

Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough
Smile Advice on renting out house in North Lakes - please?

Hi

It has been a while since we have posted on here as we have been here nearly 2 years now (time flies when you are having so much fun!)

Anyway, we need to move house at pretty short notice for work and have no idea how to go about renting out our 4 bedroom highset in North Lakes. Is it the norm to rent it furnished or unfurnished? Do we use an agent or try and rent it ourselves? We are looking to rent it for anything from 1 month to 6 months initially.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Shell and Neil
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:19 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on renting out house in North Lakes - please?

Not done it myself, but i would think that its best to rent it out through a real estate agent rather than going it alone. They can do the house inspections etc, and they will also take care of the legal stuff, if ever there were some damage to the property. As for your furniture, take it with you. You cant keep an eye on its condition when someone else is using it.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Neil & Shell View Post
Hi

It has been a while since we have posted on here as we have been here nearly 2 years now (time flies when you are having so much fun!)

Anyway, we need to move house at pretty short notice for work and have no idea how to go about renting out our 4 bedroom highset in North Lakes. Is it the norm to rent it furnished or unfurnished? Do we use an agent or try and rent it ourselves? We are looking to rent it for anything from 1 month to 6 months initially.

Thanks in advance
Shell and Neil
Couple of things

1. use a rental agent say you were renting for $400 a week you would pay the agent around $37.95 per week , well worth it for hassel free life , also is alot easier when it comes to rent rise time we pay 7.5% + GST + $4.95 for postage and petties

2. if you think this may be a long term thing get a deperation tax report to get money back on your tax

3. I would suggest doing a tax varation form asap after renting and you tax will be reduce within 2 week (if negative gearing) rather than waiting till July to get your return , better in you bank than there's

I colud go on forever about so if you need more info just pm me and I can help with names , numbers and other info re renting

Hope this helps

Martin
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:04 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil & Shell View Post
Hi

Thanks in advance
Shell and Neil
Check out the RTA site -
http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/self_managing_lessors.cfm
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Thanks for all the help. I will contact the local agents in North Lakes and try and find out all the charges and also what rent I will expect to receive per week

Shell