Reload this Page >

Advice for renters

Wikiposts

Advice for renters

Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advice for renters

Larissa - what **it hole is that - so we know to avoid it.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:14 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We must have been lucky with our rental, as it is fab!!!

We have redecorated throughout (with owners permission), and as Mick is a painter/decorator didnt take him 5 minutes!!
We have 4 large bedrooms, lounge, dining room, family room, snooker room, bloody everything!! Oh and a lovely pool. Owner was also fine about us getting Lampard........for those that dont know Lampard is Tobys Boxer puppy, whom if you hadnt guessed is a fantic chelsea supporter!!
Your house sounds just what we will be looking for, especially as we have a dog. Which agency did you use? Did you ask get Lampard after you moved in? And was the property a NO PETS one when advertised? Questions, questions, questions!!!!

Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

teagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Teagg
I've tried the "Preen" spray which is great, rub it in really well and it *may* shift!
I would also follow mum's advice as it's easier to explain one stain, but a bit harder if your littlun does the same in several areas. One idea which sounded good to me was to buy a metre of curtain material from spotlight, the type which has a plasticy lining to block out light.
ATB
Larissa
Larissa
excellent thought - will get some and try this out... many thanks indeed - teagg/g
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leedslad
Rental property with white or cream carpets is generally a sign that the landlord is shrewd, and wants to keep your bond, as they are a bitch to keep clean and they know this!

I lived in a rented high rise in Sydney and almost every apartment had white carpets. I opted for an apartment with a wooden floor. My friends in their lovely, soft, cumfy carpeted apartment lost their bond :scared:
bloody hell! I didn't think of that..thanks for the warning - just let them try
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

teagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Teagg
I've tried the "Preen" spray which is great, rub it in really well and it *may* shift!
I would also follow mum's advice as it's easier to explain one stain, but a bit harder if your littlun does the same in several areas. One idea which sounded good to me was to buy a metre of curtain material from spotlight, the type which has a plasticy lining to block out light.
ATB
Larissa
Larissa
excellent thought - will get some and try this out... many thanks indeed - teagg/g
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:04 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally Posted by teagg
Larissa
If Preen does not work try ORANGE POWER CARPET SPOT CLEANER I found this very good for the ancient carpets we inherited in the house we bought - with all the same problems you renters have.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lorraine Bryan is on a distinguished road

Hey great tips everybody....We will revisit this thread nearer the time as I reckon renting is what we will be doing for quite a while. But for now...Save Save Save!!

Lorraine