Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice On Rentals?

Advice On Rentals?

Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Default Advice On Rentals?

Hi,we are planning to rent for a while when we arrive in Melbourne and have read afew times on here people using evidence from renting or owning properties back in UK so they can obtain a rental,as we have never owned or rented any properties here what could we use?Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Dave
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice On Rentals?

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,we are planning to rent for a while when we arrive in Melbourne and have read afew times on here people using evidence from renting or owning properties back in UK so they can obtain a rental,as we have never owned or rented any properties here what could we use?Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Dave
Get a note from your mum?

Just joking. Take bank account statements with you and get a reference from your employer saying how much you've been earning. Take your P60's or equiv to show what you earnt. Offer to pay up a bit up front (3-6 months) and that should do you.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iPom
Get a note from your mum?

Just joking. Take bank account statements with you and get a reference from your employer saying how much you've been earning. Take your P60's or equiv to show what you earnt. Offer to pay up a bit up front (3-6 months) and that should do you.
I thought about getting a letter from teacher!!!!I have asked my buisness account manager at bank for a credit reference letter of sorts,so hope to get that sorted soon,we would like to get a mortgage as soon as we can,but will rent first to get feel of areas,are most rentals on a 6 or 12 month lease?Cheers Dave
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weeman111
I thought about getting a letter from teacher!!!!I have asked my buisness account manager at bank for a credit reference letter of sorts,so hope to get that sorted soon,we would like to get a mortgage as soon as we can,but will rent first to get feel of areas,are most rentals on a 6 or 12 month lease?Cheers Dave

Yeah, 6 months plus. We had a choice of 6 or 12 months. We'll see where we are when it comes to the end of it all. Might buy, might continue renting.