Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice re Proof of dependancy

Advice re Proof of dependancy

Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Question Advice re Proof of dependancy

Hi I am hopeful of getting my near 20 year old son on my 136 S I visa as a dependant. We are now at the point of providing proof of dependancy and I am wondering if anyone else can advised on what is meant by 'proof'. My son is currently attending college and working, both part time. He lives at home.
Any assistance would be fab. Donna
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:04 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice re Proof of dependancy

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi I am hopeful of getting my near 20 year old son on my 136 S I visa as a dependant. We are now at the point of providing proof of dependancy and I am wondering if anyone else can advised on what is meant by 'proof'. My son is currently attending college and working, both part time. He lives at home.
Any assistance would be fab. Donna

Donna,

Does your son have anything like a bank account with your address on it?

Also if you have to pay any college fees are these addressed to you?

His pay slips from work will have your address on them and prove that he doesn't earn enough to support himself.

Also you can provide a sworn affidavit (or so I was advised) witnessed by a solicitor that this is the case. Are you using a Visa agent, if not go on the DIMA website and see what they advise.

Hope this helps

Nic
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Advice re Proof of dependancy

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Donna,

Does your son have anything like a bank account with your address on it?

Also if you have to pay any college fees are these addressed to you?

His pay slips from work will have your address on them and prove that he doesn't earn enough to support himself.

Also you can provide a sworn affidavit (or so I was advised) witnessed by a solicitor that this is the case. Are you using a Visa agent, if not go on the DIMA website and see what they advise.

Hope this helps

Nic
Hi Nic yeah he has a bank account and pay slips from work I could send. I did not have to pay any fee's. We are not using a visa agent but thanks for the suggestion of using a solictor. Many thanks for your help. Donna
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:56 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nic yeah he has a bank account and pay slips from work I could send. I did not have to pay any fee's. We are not using a visa agent but thanks for the suggestion of using a solictor. Many thanks for your help. Donna
Donna,

Where abouts in Scolty are you?

Nic
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna,

Where abouts in Scolty are you?

Nic
Hi we are in Montrose
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:19 pm
Homeward bound

Hi we are in Montrose
We are up near Banchory,

Another thing that occured to me is, if your son has never left home, then he won't have a previous address on his form? this would prove continuing dependency.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are up near Banchory,

Another thing that occured to me is, if your son has never left home, then he won't have a previous address on his form? this would prove continuing dependency.
Hi real nice where you are. Thanks just don't want to waste time sending info over that won't be seen as 'proof'. How long have you been waiting to hear re your visa? Where are you planning on going to?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:37 pm
Homeward bound

Hi real nice where you are. Thanks just don't want to waste time sending info over that won't be seen as 'proof'. How long have you been waiting to hear re your visa? Where are you planning on going to?
will pm you shortly, time to put the kids to bed