Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice on qualifications please

advice on qualifications please

Old May 20th 2008, 11:08 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default advice on qualifications please

hi all
just a quick question

i have an nvq level 3 in childcare and education(uk qual)

can anyone tell me what it is equivalent to in oz or where i can find out please?

thanks in advance

jan xx
Old May 21st 2008, 12:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on qualifications please

In Victoria it means you are a qualified childcare worker and can run a room in a daycare centre and earn about $20/hr.

See this link for list of quals and form to get your qual assessed.
http://www.office-for-children.vic.g...nsing/schedule

Different states have different assessment bodies.

Name the state and somebody will give you detailed info.

Ian (husband of NNEB)
Old May 21st 2008, 12:06 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ian

i am in queensland tho if someone else can advise

thanks

jan xx
Old May 21st 2008, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/childcare/workingcc/

see 2-year courses.

there are few threads on "NNEB Queensland".

Ian
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Hi Jan

Just read yr thread and thought id share my findings.

I too am trying to find out what uk quals in the same area as you (an ou higher certificate in supporting children/equiv of NVQ level 3 in childcare) are worth and how to get them recognised in Australia. I recently placed a thread and got some very helpful answers and have since found out (hopefully someone else will correct me if i am wrong) that yr quals can be validated if applicable in TAFE the equiv of a UK college (again i think). The link that Ian (I think) posted is very good - i got that the other week - thanks Ian, and im sure i've read somewhere on here that someone waited 5 weeks for an appointment to validate their overseas quals and the appt only actually took 15/20 mins.

how far along the app process are u? we are just putting in for the TRA so our visa app will hopefully go in aug/sept time.

hope thats been of some use to u.

ceri

Last edited by Liam Jackson; May 22nd 2008 at 10:56 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Once you are here get the trainingline to tell who to go to get assessed.

Your quals will be automatically assessed as qualified childcare worker (nursery nurse sounds so much nicer).

If there is a problem (I doubt it) then you need to talk to a TAFE about what extra courses you need. The assessors will tell you where you are short.

I think it took Teresa less than two weeks to get her NNEB assessed.

Ian

EDIT: To get quals certificate copies certified et al for your assessment and kidsafe badge (whatever it's called) take the documentation to the local cop-shop and they will do it for free.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat020; May 22nd 2008 at 11:24 am.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:06 pm
one day rodders !!!

thanks guys

really helpful and good advice

ceri i am in australia i already have my visa i came on my hairdressing qualification but now am working in childcare but doing mobile hairdressing
the thing is i want to apply for a directors job of a kindy and have been told that you need an advanced diploma to do this and was wondering if my quals were enough for the position or would i need to do an advanced course

thanks good luck with your application

jan xx
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

I had my NVQ III in training and assessment assessed here in SA, turned out it was 'comparable' to the Cert 4 here, ring your local TAFE and they will be able to point you in the right direction, its a free service and takes about 15 mins

Maria
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:47 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
I had my NVQ III in training and assessment assessed here in SA, turned out it was 'comparable' to the Cert 4 here, ring your local TAFE and they will be able to point you in the right direction, its a free service and takes about 15 mins

Maria

thanks maria

jan xx
Old May 26th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Thanks all

not my original thread but taking notes nonetheless

Ceri