Reload this Page >

Advice on PR visa & employer nomination

Advice on PR visa & employer nomination

Old Jul 7th 2002, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Neil17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on PR visa & employer nomination

Could anyone please offer some advice?

I have applied for the skills assessment to the AIQS as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and have been told by them that I will receive a positive assessment in about 3 weeks.

I then plan to apply for a PR visa under the skilled independant category as I currently have 115 points.Does anyone know if the pass mark has ever gone above 115 or likely to do so in the next year?

As this could take about 1 year is it possible to get sponsored by an OZ company while I wait for the visa. If so would I apply for two different visas or could a temporary residence visa be changed to a PR visa. I have been informed by a recruitment agency in OZ that if I visit there could be a chance of sponsorship, how would this affect my PR visa?

Can medical & poilce checks be carried out before they are requsted to speed up the process? I had a minor conviction for criminal damage (too much grog!) 12 years ago which was a 30 pound fine, would this have an effect on the visa?

I am hoping to apply soon so any advice or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Neil
Old Jul 9th 2002, 1:20 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: Advice on PR visa & employer nomination

Hi Neil,

If you find an employer to sponsor you, please let me know and I can advise.
Effectively you are dealing with two separate applications.

cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Neil17 wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Could anyone please offer some advice?
    >
    >I have applied for the skills assessment to the AIQS as a Chartered Quantity
    >Surveyor and have been told by them that I will receive a positive assessment in
    >about 3 weeks.
    >
    >I then plan to apply for a PR visa under the skilled independant category as I
    >currently have 115 points.Does anyone know if the pass mark has ever gone above 115
    >or likely to do so in the next year?
    >
    >As this could take about 1 year is it possible to get sponsored by an OZ company
    >while I wait for the visa. If so would I apply for two different visas or could a
    >temporary residence visa be changed to a PR visa. I have been informed by a
    >recruitment agency in OZ that if I visit there could be a chance of sponsorship, how
    >would this affect my PR visa?
    >
    >Can medical & poilce checks be carried out before they are requsted to speed up the
    >process? I had a minor conviction for criminal damage (too much grog!) 12 years ago
    >which was a 30 pound fine, would this have an effect on the visa?
    >
    >I am hoping to apply soon so any advice or experiences you can share would be
    >greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Neil
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 10th 2002, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on PR visa & employer nomination

Does it mean that "employer-sponsored nomination" has a greater chance of success?