Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice please - thinking of moving to Aus

Advice please - thinking of moving to Aus

Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Pitsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice please - thinking of moving to Aus

I am an It Manager for a large Insurance Company, MCSE qualified, ITIL Service Manager and also Prince2 Project Manager Qualified, Security Cleared and I have a history in the Armed Forces....

My wife and I are thinking of moving to australia for a betetr standard of living, I love my job and the trade I have... I want to continue to work in IT in the future.

My wife Rachel is a care worker for the disabled and homebound.

We are not sure of the process for the Visa and the best place to look at jobs and houses. We have some savings and an amount on equity on our current house which would hopefully be used ot help us move and either rent intially or buy.

The advice I am looking for is where are the best places to get the information on jobs and houses. Any advice from people who have moved in either of the trades is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance
Carl
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:29 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please - thinking of moving to Aus

Originally Posted by Pitsy
I am an It Manager for a large Insurance Company, MCSE qualified, ITIL Service Manager and also Prince2 Project Manager Qualified, Security Cleared and I have a history in the Armed Forces....

My wife and I are thinking of moving to australia for a betetr standard of living, I love my job and the trade I have... I want to continue to work in IT in the future.

My wife Rachel is a care worker for the disabled and homebound.

We are not sure of the process for the Visa and the best place to look at jobs and houses. We have some savings and an amount on equity on our current house which would hopefully be used ot help us move and either rent intially or buy.

The advice I am looking for is where are the best places to get the information on jobs and houses. Any advice from people who have moved in either of the trades is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance
Carl
Hi Carl,
JOBS: http://jobsearch.gov.au Heaps of info on work trends, career development, areas in demand, salaries etc

Qualification/skills recognition: http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-aus...anqualific.htm

VISA INFO: www.dimia.gov.au or www.immi.gov.au

HOUSES: www.realestate.com.au

www.domain.com.au

www.century21.com.au

PS: Not sure you would necessarily obtain a better standard of living, maybe a different quality of living perhaps? Best ask others who have a similiar background to yourself and your wife and have made OZ their home. Some find they have to take a lesser position and income compared to what they were used to, to get a 'leg in the door'.

Last edited by kiwi_child; Jul 20th 2007 at 10:41 pm.