advice please slilled visa sponsor

Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

ashlee1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool advice please skilled visa sponsor

hi
wondering if anyone who has any info on the following

im looking with my partner to go on the skilled sponsor visa
im looking to find out in reality what the sponsor has to provide and do (this would be my partners uncle) as we are 5 points short without the sponsor
the web sites give info but looking to get the reality what would be expected

Last edited by ashlee1980; Jan 10th 2005 at 8:22 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:37 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please skilled visa sponsor

Originally Posted by ashlee1980
hi

im looking to find out in reality what the sponsor has to provide and do (this would be my partners uncle) as we are 5 points short without the sponsor
Have a look here: http://www.dimia.gov.au/sponsor/overview.htm
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: advice please skilled visa sponsor

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy

thanks

for that i have looked on this site but i feel unless it is me that it is quite basic as i dont like to ask anyone to do anything that could make them uncomfortable i wanted to know peoples experience of sponsors and what they have to do and provide

ashlee :scared:
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:09 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

for that i have looked on this site but i feel unless it is me that it is quite basic as i dont like to ask anyone to do anything that could make them uncomfortable i wanted to know peoples experience of sponsors and what they have to do and provide

ashlee :scared:
Ashlee

That site really is the best source of information - have you looked through all the links there? The Sponsor has to be a close family rellie who is willing to say "yes they are trust worthy & I will vouch for them" and the assurer has to be somebody who has been in Aus for over 2 yrs as PR. They have to open a term bank account with $3500 for the first adult & $1500 for each additional adult on the application in it that is left in trust for a period of time with centrelink to ensure you don't "bludge" off the state until you have been in the country for 2 yrs. The assurer will get the money back after this period. They must also show that they can support you if it all goes "T.U."

There is a prerequisite to the assurer status - that is that they must have paid tax in Aus for a minimum period of 2 yrs prior to your application. This is where we have had our issues as my Mum is our sponsor but cannot be our assurer as she hasn't paid tax for 4 yrs, due to her working overseas.

Hope this helps! Where are you headed hun?

Luv
claire
xxx
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: advice please skilled visa sponsor

Ashlee

That site really is the best source of information - have you looked through all the links there? The Sponsor has to be a close family rellie who is willing to say "yes they are trust worthy & I will vouch for them" and the assurer has to be somebody who has been in Aus for over 2 yrs as PR. They have to open a term bank account with $3500 for the first adult & $1500 for each additional adult on the application in it that is left in trust for a period of time with centrelink to ensure you don't "bludge" off the state until you have been in the country for 2 yrs. The assurer will get the money back after this period. They must also show that they can support you if it all goes "T.U."

There is a prerequisite to the assurer status - that is that they must have paid tax in Aus for a minimum period of 2 yrs prior to your application. This is where we have had our issues as my Mum is our sponsor but cannot be our assurer as she hasn't paid tax for 4 yrs, due to her working overseas.

Hope this helps! Where are you headed hun?

Luv
claire
xxx
thanks

that has been realy helpful do you also have any idea if they are very inquisitive regards the financial state of the person
as this could obviously put any one off as we would be looking for craigs (my partners ) cousin to sponsor us although we are not that close but he has done this years ago hopefuly with a bit begging(ha ha )

i like the area around the gold coast

but we are a long way off
where you up to and where you looking to go to
thanks
ashlee
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

hi

Have you thought about the bond investment to get the extra 5 points??
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: advice please skilled visa sponsor

Originally Posted by tabby
Have you thought about the bond investment to get the extra 5 points??
even if we use that we are the 5 points short
so if we have a sponsor we dont have to put that up
if all else fails :scared:
i have been told about another visa they are SUPPOSED to be bringing out in july (dont quote me)

this is where you dont need as many point
you can get on a temp visa for 3 years as long as you are under 45 skilled good english and will work in designated areas for at least 2 years

then after 2 years you can apply for pr (from what i hear this may also be gauranteed as long as nothing has gone wrong :scared: i guess the extra year is for them to process visa (could take longer if there time scales anything to go by lol )

thanks
ashlee
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:40 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

thanks

that has been realy helpful do you also have any idea if they are very inquisitive regards the financial state of the person
as this could obviously put any one off as we would be looking for craigs (my partners ) cousin to sponsor us although we are not that close but he has done this years ago hopefuly with a bit begging(ha ha )

thanks
ashlee
we are about to send in our 2nd attempt at the TRA as we failed the first time

we are headed for Ashmore on the gold coast

claire
x
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: advice please skilled visa sponsor

even if we use that we are the 5 points short
so if we have a sponsor we dont have to put that up
if all else fails :scared:
i have been told about another visa they are SUPPOSED to be bringing out in july (dont quote me)

this is where you dont need as many point
you can get on a temp visa for 3 years as long as you are under 45 skilled good english and will work in designated areas for at least 2 years

then after 2 years you can apply for pr (from what i hear this may also be gauranteed as long as nothing has gone wrong :scared: i guess the extra year is for them to process visa (could take longer if there time scales anything to go by lol )

thanks
ashlee

Ashlee

This sounds awfully like the SIR Visa to me, this became available in some states in July 2004.

Check out this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/sir.htm

Sandy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

we are about to send in our 2nd attempt at the TRA as we failed the first time

we are headed for Ashmore on the gold coast

claire
x
do you have any idea why you failed
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
Ashlee

This sounds awfully like the SIR Visa to me, this became available in some states in July 2004.

Check out this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/sir.htm

Sandy
thanks

to me im reading up on this now but i think you are right it seems to be the same

thanks (i feel stupid)
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

cazzaline1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

The assuror needs to have a minumum annual income of $31,755 plus an extra $2000 for the second adult. This needs to be evidenced by their income tax assessment notices for the last 2 years.

Hope this helps.

thanks

thanks
ashlee
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

thanks

to me im reading up on this now but i think you are right it seems to be the same

thanks (i feel stupid)
No need to feel daft, it's a right can of worms, this immigration stuff. Just hope it gives you another option!

Sandy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: advice please skilled visa sponsor

Originally Posted by cazzaline1
Hiya,

The assuror needs to have a minumum annual income of $31,755 plus an extra $2000 for the second adult. This needs to be evidenced by their income tax assessment notices for the last 2 years.

Hope this helps.

excellent help

thanks a million
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

cazzaline1 is an unknown quantity at this point

No probs at all. We're very lucky, got our visas last Friday, we were sponsored by my partner's uncle, we wouldn't have had enough points otherwise. Will help answer any questions I can.

excellent help

thanks a million

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.