Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice please, have sponsership approved.

Advice please, have sponsership approved.

Old Jun 27th 2002, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

BioMash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please, have sponsorship approved.

Ok i'll try to summarise. My wife has had a sponsorship approved for a Temporary Business Visa (457) from a hospital in Perth and we have received the paperwork to take to the immigration office.

My wife arranged to do this but when we got there I found out she had actually appointed to see an agent who told us there was still a long way to go and that she would process the application..........for £600.00.

I must say that although I am happy to pay fee's to get us into oz I am unsure how this amount can be justified when we are both under 30, graduates and completely healthy. I would like to hear from anyone who has been through the process as I just thought we'd take the forms in, be sent for medicals, supply any applicable documentation and ...hey presto...a visa..lol (maybe optimistic).

I would have been happy doing it this way but the agent has put some serious doubts in our minds about how successfull this would be saying it is a 'minefield' and we need to use an agent.....

Any advice/experiences would be helpfull

Last edited by BioMash; Jun 27th 2002 at 5:48 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2002, 9:20 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: Advice please, have sponsership approved.

Hi BioMash,

Sounds like a rip off. If your 457 nomination is approved you just need to complete
the form 1066 and supply the documents requested. Not in your wildest dreams could it
cost 600 quid. In some cases where people are claiming particular skills which are in
doubt DIMIA will ask for the client to be skills assessed, and that can involve some
costs. But in the case of a qualified nurse, the amount suggested is laughable.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au BioMash wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Ok i'll try to summarise. My wife has had a sponsorship approved for a Temporary
    >Business Visa (457) from a hospital in Perth and we have received the paperwork to
    >take to the immigration office.
    >
    >My wife arranged to do this but when we got there I found out she had actually
    >appointed to see an agent who told us there was still a long way to go and that she
    >would process the application..........for £600.00.
    >
    >I must say that although I am happy to pay fee's to get us into oz I am unsure how
    >this amount can be justified when we are both under 30, graduates and completely
    >healthy. I would like to hear from anyone who has been through the process as I just
    >thought we'd take the forms in, be sent for medicals, supply any applicable
    >documentation and ...hey presto...a visa..lol (maybe optimistic).
    >
    >I would have been happy doing it this way but the agent has put some serious doubts
    >in our minds about how successfull this would be saying it is a 'minefield' and we
    >need to use an agent.....
    >
    >Any advice/experiences would be helpfull
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 28th 2002, 4:40 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

Biomash,

I completed the 1066 form with a little guidance from my PQBS Sponsor, sent it off and had the Visa within a couple of weeks. There may well be skills checks like George suggests, but I wold have thought that having received the Sponsorship would be enough in itself for DIMA.

I would recommend trying to complete the form yourself, most of it is self-explanatory and obvious.

Good luck,
Paul.
Old Jun 28th 2002, 11:39 am
Just Joined

BioMash is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, i figured the agent was just trying it on.

It was hard not to worry about the whole process when somebody goes out of their way to make it sound impossible to apply and succeed without an agents help.

We have fillled out the forms and will send the stuff off tomorrow.

Thanks again!!
( what a great forum, I will stick around and help as much as possible, the coming months should teach me a thing or two about the whole process