British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Advice please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/advice-please-501993/)

Robbo66 Dec 28th 2007 4:59 am

Advice please

Hi everyone
Ok living on the Sunshine Coast...building a support network slowly.. happy days
A few problems though ...
Good job though pay is crap about 3000 per month but secure
Living in rental not enough cash for deposit for house all swallowed up with move and attempting to survive why we founds jobs.
Plus paying off loan.
Wife at home looking after our little girl...
options open to us .. return to London in May back to good paying job and supplied accom with my old job and in a year will be able to move into market and pay off loan we have over here in quick time (love the pound)
Or stay here and struggle with no chance of getting into the market but living in paradise.
After three years here i love it but can not see a way to provide for my family in the future.
Future financially brighter in UK ..
Need advice :confused:

Wendy Dec 28th 2007 5:03 am

Re: Advice please

Originally Posted by Robbo66 (Post 5711210)
Hi everyone
Ok living on the Sunshine Coast...building a support network slowly.. happy days
A few problems though ...
Good job though pay is crap about 3000 per month but secure
Living in rental not enough cash for deposit for house all swallowed up with move and attempting to survive why we founds jobs.
Plus paying off loan.
Wife at home looking after our little girl...
options open to us .. return to London in May back to good paying job and supplied accom with my old job and in a year will be able to move into market and pay off loan we have over here in quick time (love the pound)
Or stay here and struggle with no chance of getting into the market but living in paradise.
After three years here i love it but can not see a way to provide for my family in the future.
Future financially brighter in UK ..
Need advice :confused:

What do you do for a living? Is there any better paying companies out there anywhere for what you do? Moving within Australia may be a better option than moving back to the UK - at least something to look into :)

Robbo66 Dec 28th 2007 5:04 am

I work for the State government but same wages Aus wide looked at that option thanks anyway:)

Wendy Dec 28th 2007 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Robbo66 (Post 5711216)
I work for the State government but same wages Aus wide looked at that option thanks anyway:)

Ah, Government jobs - say no more ;)

I'm biased and would do anything not to go back so my opinion probably isn't much use :D Good luck whatever you decide - I'm sure you'll make the right one for you and your family. :)

nickyjohnt Dec 28th 2007 7:53 am

Having been here for nearly 12 years (10 of these in government employment)
All I can say is this, you will never become rich by working for the government but the pay will always be there every second thursday (no matter what).

Only you can decide what is important to you and your family.

Good luck and best wishes