advice please

Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:43 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Question advice please

Posted a thread this morning regarding our move to oz.Just a quick question?If you go to oz do you have to work in the job you have gained your points?Or can you seek a new career?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice
Default Re: advice please

Hya
I'm not an expert in these matters but as far as I am aware, and have picked up over the months, you do not have to oersue thre same career at all. Oz is your oyster!
Hope you get something sorted with your sponsorship - families hey?!
Sue
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:49 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Posted a thread this morning regarding our move to oz.Just a quick question?If you go to oz do you have to work in the job you have gained your points?Or can you seek a new career?

We are on 136 visa and the answer we were given is no, very ironic that all the hard work goes on the specified career and there are no rules in place that says you have to do that job !!!!

Although when you are making such a big move would you really want to go further into the unknown .... as most people have told my hubby ' stick to what you know !!'

Jane
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:51 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by southstander
Hya
I'm not an expert in these matters but as far as I am aware, and have picked up over the months, you do not have to oersue thre same career at all. Oz is your oyster!
Hope you get something sorted with your sponsorship - families hey?!
Sue
thanks for that.Reason im asking is that ive spent 16 yrs doing shift work and as im only 32 if possible i would like to try something new even if it was related to the industry im in (printing)
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:52 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on which visa you come out on to what restrictions you have.

A General PR one such as a 136 does not have any restrictions on the type of job you do once in Aus. A temp 457 will dictate what work you are doing. Check out the DIMIA website for the details of your visa or state which visa you are applying for and someone can let you know.

Cheers
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:54 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that.Reason im asking is that ive spent 16 yrs doing shift work and as im only 32 if possible i would like to try something new even if it was related to the industry im in (printing)
We got our PR points on husbands skills as a printer and he sold cars for two years! Back in print now as it pays more and less weekend work but he still rates the two years selling cars as the best two years he has worked in 25 years so far.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:38 am
Just Joined

rudge is an unknown quantity at this point

no lots of people change.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:18 am
jon&a mp;kate

[QUOTE=rudge]no lots of people change.[/QUOTE i have looked on sites but cant find where its say's you have to work in your trade?im sure it just states you must work for a certain amount of time during the visa's length.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I think it depends on what visa type you have. From what I can gather, the temp visa's stipulate that you have to work in the job type you've applied for but the general skilled visa's like 136 don't. I think we will stick to what we know to start with but may look at doing something else once we get settled.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:48 am
Gone Senile Member

[QUOTE=jon&kate]
Originally Posted by rudge
no lots of people change.[/QUOTE i have looked on sites but cant find where its say's you have to work in your trade?im sure it just states you must work for a certain amount of time during the visa's length.
Which visa are you coming over on?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:58 am
jon&a mp;kate

[QUOTE=Sandra]

Which visa are you coming over on?
not sure if you have seen our thread on here regarding being let down by my wifes brother.He was sponsering us on a 138 visa but when we got my TRA back last week and were about to send off the paperwork for lodgement he changed his mind so we are in limbo.The idea was to start over in oz and get away from the shift work i do at present.Combined with the fact i am to be made redundant very soon we are in the position that we dont want to give up on our dream after all the stress of getting the TRA and also the money we have spent to get this far.We were going to Brisbane but that was only due to the fact that's where brother in law lives,so as things have changed we are not bothered if it's NSW QLD ACT WA or VIC.we would have around $130000 when we sell up so investing the $100000 bond would leave us with hardly any money to hand.I get 60 points for trade we are both under 35 but dont seem to make the magic points to go on 136 visa.We are pulling our hair out as all seemed to be going so well.