Wikiposts

advice please

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

NEWTS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice please

Hi everyone,1st post,where do we start we,ve been watching a while now,my husband is a joiner/kitchen fitter, no formal qualifications and we would like to know what is the best route to take and which visa to apply for is it best to go through an agent is that the first port of call.we are looking at qld any advice much appreciated.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please

Originally Posted by NEWTS1
Hi everyone,1st post,where do we start we,ve been watching a while now,my husband is a joiner/kitchen fitter, no formal qualifications and we would like to know what is the best route to take and which visa to apply for is it best to go through an agent is that the first port of call.we are looking at qld any advice much appreciated.
this is a good place to start

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...l/Migrant/TRA/

oops nearly forgot me manners

welcome to BE

regards steve
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a general mechanical engineer also with no recognised qualifications except for a C&G which means almost zilch in Oz. We went with an agent who was brilliant and got us through the TRA process, without our agents help we probably would have fell at the first hurdle. If I was you I would most definitely go with an agent but make sure that they are registered. Our visa application has just been lodged, we to are looking at moving to Qld, to Caboolture which is about 30 miles north of Brisbane. As for what visa to go out on it will depend on other factors such as if you have family out there willing to sponsor, if your husbands skill is MODL etc.

Hope all goes well
Sam
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

NEWTS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samnsam
My husband is a general mechanical engineer also with no recognised qualifications except for a C&G which means almost zilch in Oz. We went with an agent who was brilliant and got us through the TRA process, without our agents help we probably would have fell at the first hurdle. If I was you I would most definitely go with an agent but make sure that they are registered. Our visa application has just been lodged, we to are looking at moving to Qld, to Caboolture which is about 30 miles north of Brisbane. As for what visa to go out on it will depend on other factors such as if you have family out there willing to sponsor, if your husbands skill is MODL etc.

Hope all goes well
Sam
we really need to get the ball rolling,it seems george lombard is the man,going to have a look at his website,it all seems sooo complicated.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:34 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

we really need to get the ball rolling,it seems george lombard is the man,going to have a look at his website,it all seems sooo complicated.
it really isnt complicated
just start reading the thread i posted it lists all the things that you will need for the tra it even covers non apprenticed skill paths

another place to read is

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm

regards steve