Reload this Page >

advice on perth suburbs

advice on perth suburbs

Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

nicol is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile advice on perth suburbs

Hello!

We have been living in east vic park for 4 months, we moved to Australia from the uk in Aug 04, we are a young family with two lads (11 and 13), who have settled into school really well, me and my husband have not settled into the area as well as they have, we had a brilliant social life in England and really miss it...........we are not complaining though!!! just a bit home sick I guess!

Anyway, does anyone out there have any advice as to places to live in or around Perth that would suit us, we loved going to music festivals in england, art and crafts etc, and really love fremantle and the beach, both of these options are too pricey for us,

We have been looking at Hamilton Hill, Hilton and Palmyra as options, due to their closeness to Fremantle. Does anyone know much about these areas?

One last question.....does anyone have any advice about moving to Margaret River, or the surrounding towns? we have heard it is quite arty down there too.

Thanks
Nic and Col
Old Jan 6th 2005, 11:10 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of
Default Re: advice on perth suburbs

Originally Posted by nicol
Hello!

We have been living in east vic park for 4 months, we moved to Australia from the uk in Aug 04, we are a young family with two lads (11 and 13), who have settled into school really well, me and my husband have not settled into the area as well as they have, we had a brilliant social life in England and really miss it...........we are not complaining though!!! just a bit home sick I guess!

Anyway, does anyone out there have any advice as to places to live in or around Perth that would suit us, we loved going to music festivals in england, art and crafts etc, and really love fremantle and the beach, both of these options are too pricey for us,

We have been looking at Hamilton Hill, Hilton and Palmyra as options, due to their closeness to Fremantle. Does anyone know much about these areas?

One last question.....does anyone have any advice about moving to Margaret River, or the surrounding towns? we have heard it is quite arty down there too.

Thanks
Nic and Col
Melville's nice, older suburb, larger blocks, reasonable access to both city and Freo.
But if you think Freo's pricy, don't even bother looking in Margaret River. Yes it's beautiful - and crafty - and very trendy!
Have you thought about some of the smaller inland towns, like Bridgetown or Toodyay, or the beach a must for you?
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Sandgroper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: advice on perth suburbs

While in Perth, we lived in Claremount, its close too beaches, has great local shops, fantastic outdoor swimming pool, express train to both Freemantle and City, however it is on the pricey side.