Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice....passport photos in Brisbane area

Advice....passport photos in Brisbane area

Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:52 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Advice....passport photos in Brisbane area

As luck would have we have to get a new Canadian passport for my daughter before we go back for a visit next August. They are incredibily picky about the photos so I need to start now in case it gets repeatedly sent back.

So are there any photo places here that can do overseas passport photos well? They have to be a specific size, with the head a specific size and also no smiling, shadows, etc, etc. So I want to be sure they're done right.

We're in Capalaba (Bayside area) but I would gladly travel if I though they'd be done properly.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice....passport photos in Brisbane area

Originally Posted by comet555
As luck would have we have to get a new Canadian passport for my daughter before we go back for a visit next August. They are incredibily picky about the photos so I need to start now in case it gets repeatedly sent back.

So are there any photo places here that can do overseas passport photos well? They have to be a specific size, with the head a specific size and also no smiling, shadows, etc, etc. So I want to be sure they're done right.

We're in Capalaba (Bayside area) but I would gladly travel if I though they'd be done properly.
Most of the photo places seem to know how to take the pics in accordance with the strict requirements. just go to your local shopping centre, you can usually find a few, like Rabbit etc there.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:59 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I'll give that a try and see what happens. Just a little overly paranoid because we had ours done twice in Canada at the best photo place in town and they were still sent back to us.

I'll give it a shot though. I'd feel better if I started on this ASAP.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give that a try and see what happens. Just a little overly paranoid because we had ours done twice in Canada at the best photo place in town and they were still sent back to us.

Oh my, what a pain for you! (I have to send mine in yet, so I hope they go ok!) Good luck this time
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hales, we did out own. Sit the kids against a white sheet, take the photo with your digital camera and then size & print on your computer.

We have to apply for a new one for my OH, as his was stolen when we were burgled a couple of weeks ago. Our big thing now is trying to find an assuror. We haven't known anyone here for 2 years except my brother in law who lives in Gladstone!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Hales, we did out own. Sit the kids against a white sheet, take the photo with your digital camera and then size & print on your computer.

We have to apply for a new one for my OH, as his was stolen when we were burgled a couple of weeks ago. Our big thing now is trying to find an assuror. We haven't known anyone here for 2 years except my brother in law who lives in Gladstone!
You can download the "Statutory Declaration, in Lieu of Guarantor"

That's what we have to do. You just have to bring it to a JP to fill out etc.

I would consider doing it on our own, but doesn't the photographer have to do the "I certify this to be a true likeness of......" on the back?

P.S. Is this what you do at work
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

For certifying the photos you can go to same JP to have it done. Don't forget to bring the baby though.

Actually, trawling the forums is a good way for me to gather information. I can't be bothered to read all of the legal crap in the books in my office so come here to learn from George, Alan and Tony. I find it much easier to find information from the immigration section than to try to look up something either through DIAC or in a giant book.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:31 am
Canuck/Aussie

Good to know. We may give that a try.

So that explains why I always see you on here
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:26 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Haley

The digital shop outside Wynnum Plazza does them. They did my UK one which had to show ears, no teeth etc. Call if you need more details.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Haley,

We got our elder daughter's Australian passport photo done at the photo shop in Alexandra Hills shopping centre over a year ago when she was 4 months old. The young lady who took the photo was very patient and was happy to retake photos until we were satisfied with it. It's not far from where you live. Perhaps you can give it a go there?

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:54 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. Sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to find a place that'll do it right.