Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice/Options/Alternatives?

Advice/Options/Alternatives?

Old Mar 14th 2006, 11:14 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Advice/Options/Alternatives?

Hello,

Not going through a great moment relationship wise (this long distant thing is so hard), and to tell you the truth I don’t think we will be able to sort the problem between us (me and the partner, she is in Australia) we are not at each others throats, we are civilised and we maintain a respectful relationship so it doesn’t affect our little one and in that aspect she is very supportive.

I still want to go ahead with my plans to move to Australia because I want to be close to the little one, and a change of life, something I wanted for some time now, so I am here pondering my options/alternatives, I am young almost 24, obviously for being young I wont have skills and experience required to go through skilled migration, only have high school certificates and an NVQ Level 2 in IT, stupid me left my uni degree since I was going to Australia at the end of the year via spouse visa, I know I shouldn’t have left uni, we learn from our mistakes and I am paying for it now!!! But this time I am determined to do this my way, so I was wondering if someone out there that migrated to Oz via regional study for 2 years? They live in Brisbane so I was thinking somewhere regional like Toowomba (2 hours drive from Brisbane), any other regional areas worth having a look not to far from Brizzy, since I’ll be studying so only allowed 20h. As a last resort I might look outside QLD.

Sorry, sometimes it’s easier to talk here than to your own friends.

Many Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice/Options/Alternatives?

Originally Posted by Boomerang
...stupid me left my uni degree since I was going to Australia at the end of the year via spouse visa
Thats OK, you would have to re-take your degree here for it to be taken seriously anyway.

Sorry, joking aside, I hope you find a solution and it all works out for you.

Good luck !
Old Mar 14th 2006, 12:32 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Not going through a great moment relationship wise (this long distant thing is so hard), and to tell you the truth I don’t think we will be able to sort the problem between us (me and the partner, she is in Australia) we are not at each others throats, we are civilised and we maintain a respectful relationship so it doesn’t affect our little one and in that aspect she is very supportive.

I still want to go ahead with my plans to move to Australia because I want to be close to the little one, and a change of life, something I wanted for some time now, so I am here pondering my options/alternatives, I am young almost 24, obviously for being young I wont have skills and experience required to go through skilled migration, only have high school certificates and an NVQ Level 2 in IT, stupid me left my uni degree since I was going to Australia at the end of the year via spouse visa, I know I shouldn’t have left uni, we learn from our mistakes and I am paying for it now!!! But this time I am determined to do this my way, so I was wondering if someone out there that migrated to Oz via regional study for 2 years? They live in Brisbane so I was thinking somewhere regional like Toowomba (2 hours drive from Brisbane), any other regional areas worth having a look not to far from Brizzy, since I’ll be studying so only allowed 20h. As a last resort I might look outside QLD.

Sorry, sometimes it’s easier to talk here than to your own friends.

Many Thanks
Mate, being under 26 can't you get a 2 year working visa? Perhaps look to take up your studies over there?

Maybe once out there your relationship may fare better?

Good Luck
Old Mar 14th 2006, 1:01 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

Yes i do intend to study down there, the expensive route.

2 years working visa? Is that the Working Holiday Visa new scheme where if you work @ a regional location you are allowed another WHV?

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:27 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Yes i do intend to study down there, the expensive route.

2 years working visa? Is that the Working Holiday Visa new scheme where if you work @ a regional location you are allowed another WHV?

Thanks
Not sure about the regional location - perhaps you should try a free online assessment