Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice from nurses either UK or Oz please

Advice from nurses either UK or Oz please

Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:54 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Question Advice from nurses either UK or Oz please

Bit cheeky I know but I thought that there is so much expertise on this forum that it would be shame to waste it.

My son suffered severe burns to half his back in a house fire 10 years ago. He subsequently had a skin graft from his thigh on to his back but the scare tissue is very very tight and can often tear. My question is would a particular brand or type of moisturiser help? He does put moisturiser on regularly anyway, but I spoke to him this morning and he had to have a bath as his shower had broken and it seems to have dried his back out quite a bit and he is getting a lot of pain.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me any self help advice rather than suggesting that he go to the doctor. He is a 26year old workaholic so getting to see a doctor is laughable

Thanks

Anne
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from nurses either UK or Oz please

hi anne, i think u might have more luck in here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342097
Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Bit cheeky I know but I thought that there is so much expertise on this forum that it would be shame to waste it.

My son suffered severe burns to half his back in a house fire 10 years ago. He subsequently had a skin graft from his thigh on to his back but the scare tissue is very very tight and can often tear. My question is would a particular brand or type of moisturiser help? He does put moisturiser on regularly anyway, but I spoke to him this morning and he had to have a bath as his shower had broken and it seems to have dried his back out quite a bit and he is getting a lot of pain.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me any self help advice rather than suggesting that he go to the doctor. He is a 26year old workaholic so getting to see a doctor is laughable

Thanks

Anne
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:04 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by soapy
hi anne, i think u might have more luck in here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342097
Thanks my bubbly friend. I was just busy putting it on the nursing forum while you were replying.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Thanks my bubbly friend. I was just busy putting it on the nursing forum while you were replying.
two great minds and all that lol